• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

I may also get a load of cheap bins from Wilco and when the bin truck arrives I'll surround it with the bins so they can't move lol
:joy: if I did that they would probably leave it full:joy:

I'm old enough to remember the days when binmen used to collect your one or two bins full of unsorted stuff and usually full of ashes from the back of your house, no wheels on bins, heavy bins full of ashes were rolled one handed on the round bottom edge or carried on shoulder.

What I can't remember (because I wasn't born) was my dad was a binman, a second job, main job being an entertainer. He and a few blokes he worked with were into training and liked the job because it kept them fit. When they tried to force one of the blokes to take a turn driving the bin lorry he intentionally drove it straight into a wall so they wouldn't ask him to drive the lorry again lol.

One of the blokes was carrying a very heavy bin full of ashes on his shoulder was attacked by a dog that jumped up and was swinging off his bicep with teeth sunk in, he shook the dog off and then accidentally dropped the bin full of ashes on the dog.

I'm old enough to remember the days when binmen used to collect your one or two bins full of unsorted stuff and usually full of ashes from the back of your house, no wheels on bins, heavy bins full of ashes were rolled one handed on the round bottom edge or carried on shoulder.

What I can't remember (because I wasn't born) was my dad was a binman, a second job, main job being an entertainer. He and a few blokes he worked with were into training and liked the job because it kept them fit. When they tried to force one of the blokes to take a turn driving the bin lorry he intentionally drove it straight into a wall so they wouldn't ask him to drive the lorry again lol.

One of the blokes was carrying a very heavy bin full of ashes on his shoulder was attacked by a dog that jumped up and was swinging off his bicep with teeth sunk in, he shook the dog off and then accidentally dropped the bin full of ashes on the dog.
I remember that as a kid we lived in a row of cottages with really long gardens the bin man would go up and down all 3 to collect the bins

There a song here somewhere..."my old man's a dustman.......
Good Old Lonnie Donegan's words of wisdom:grinning:

Yeah they came round the back of the house picked up the full metal bin over there shoulder, emptied it into the truck then brought the empty bin back to where they found it and put the lid back on.
Back when bin men did the job properly!
I was going to get a tin of Quality Street or similar for our bin men this Xmas, the week before they left a load of someone elses rubbish scattered all over our drive entrance, needless to say I didn't bother.
Feckers!!

On my daily exercise walk it is often a case of dodge the bin as they are just left randomly on the pavements. I once couldn't find my bin following the bin mens visit. After a bit of a search I found it in the social club car park down the road.

On my daily exercise walk it is often a case of dodge the bin as they are just left randomly on the pavements. I once couldn't find my bin following the bin mens visit. After a bit of a search I found it in the social club car park down the road.
Probably an Oddbins joke in there somewhere

Furthermore... Remember this post from many moths ago? I got sent replacement Fireangel smoke alarms. Guess what, the 10 year battery on a new one has now fecking failed, less than a year old. I am not bothering asking for a replacement or refund just binning it and buying another brand.
Cults.

God I am in a bad mood today.
Funnily enough I have just installed 3 Fire Angel smoke alarms this afternoon and 1 didn't work out of the box and so had to take it back.

And why would it say "toast proof" on the front of the box in huge letters and then not include kitchens as suitable installation location on the back, perhaps lots of people make midnight snacks on the landing.

I never did find my black bin that disappeared after collection, ended up having to request a new one.

Funnily enough I have just installed 3 Fire Angel smoke alarms this afternoon and 1 didn't work out of the box and so had to take it back.

And why would it say "toast proof" on the front of the box in huge letters and then not include kitchens as suitable installation location on the back, perhaps lots of people make midnight snacks on the landing.
Good to see you, thought you had gone AWOL, was getting worried.
Crazy, I mean 10 year battery life lasting under a year? If these were in your houses they'd be a right pain for you, hopefully yours are fine.

I never did find my black bin that disappeared after collection, ended up having to request a new one.
I'm guessing the speeding fine hasn't arrived so you're in the clear.

Good to see you, thought you had gone AWOL, was getting worried.
Crazy, I mean 10 year battery life lasting under a year? If these were in your houses they'd be a right pain for you, hopefully yours are fine.
Probably live to regret fitting them but have electrical inspection tomorrow which agent has booked without telling me and by chance it came up in conversation with the tenant whilst I was sorting out their heating. They shouldn't be checked as part of electric certificate but the company who I'd rather not use do (I think at agents request for liability purposes) and they charge £50 a time for replacing them! Good job I popped round as they were just out of date so have saved £120.

I'm guessing the speeding fine hasn't arrived so you're in the clear.
Yes, good news, no nasty letter.
There was one I nervously opened but it was only about not having taxed the Ute and managed it in time before a fine.

Stopped raining so good opportunity to change the oil and the crank sensor that has hiccupped a few times over the last 2 years.
Already brought a good quality replacement from a trusted UK supplier.
I also brought a set of all x3 sensors when I saw them on Wish a year ago for about a tenner, just in case.
Oil changed ok
Sensor out and the heavens opened.
Laying in a puddle and I hate getting wet.
So sensor replaced and while I was there I decided to replace the belly cover.
Now I'm an old experienced engineer, I know you should never replace the covers or put your tools away before you test the system.......
But I was wet and miserable .... And it was a top quality sensor.
So cover back on.
And now you probably know the rest of the story.

Back