• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

WHAT THE FUCK???!!!!

To many shocking stories like this. Unscrupulous dealers and situations as we had with someone needing to reject a car earlier this week could put potential owners off.
Maybe it’s time for an EOC approved dealer badge to allow the ones we know to be good to stand out above the chancers
What a thoroughly good idea 🌟

This all makes me think we need a list of bad cars to help steer members away from duff elgrands. Surely it's not slander or possible for them to sue the forum as long as it's all based on fact such as vx reports. I bet a pattern of dealers would emerge.
To many shocking stories like this. Unscrupulous dealers and situations as we had with someone needing to reject a car earlier this week could put potential owners off.
Maybe it’s time for an EOC approved dealer badge to allow the ones we know to be good to stand out above the chancers
Seems very topical this as I had a very similar experience with the one I saw yesterday also at a dealership in the South Yorkshire area.....(may or may not have been the same one!) Anyways I set out my expectations on what documentation I wanted to see when seeing the car (i.e Jap auction sheet, carvx, service history etc). When I got there none of this was available and was with the DVLA apparently.... Anyways I ended up walking also. At least there were no arguments with getting deposit back. But annoying that i wasted half a day getting over there to see it.

Seems very topical this as I had a very similar experience with the one I saw yesterday also at a dealership in the South Yorkshire area.....(may or may not have been the same one!) Anyways I set out my expectations on what documentation I wanted to see when seeing the car (i.e Jap auction sheet, carvx, service history etc). When I got there none of this was available and was with the DVLA apparently.... Anyways I ended up walking also. At least there were no arguments with getting deposit back. But annoying that i wasted half a day getting over there to see it.
This is exactly my point.
Why would a good dealer say the auction sheet, vx and service history are with the dvla. The dvla are not interested in those.

This is exactly my point.
Why would a good dealer say the auction sheet, vx and service history are with the dvla. The dvla are not interested in those.
I know! I was hoping asking for those things upfront would show I was an informed buyer! I.e. he would say he didn't have them and put me off right away and concentrate on the less informed. Instead he let me waste all my time and fed me a story like that making no sense!

I know! I was hoping asking for those things upfront would show I was an informed buyer! I.e. he would say he didn't have them and put me off right away and concentrate on the less informed. Instead he let me waste all my time and fed me a story like that making no sense!
It makes perfect sense. A predator preys on the weak. If he knows you are clued up then it's a waste of his time as he isn't gonna get you to part with your money. So he fobs you off and gets rid of you. It's a good way for us to weed out the bad traders. A good trader will be open and tell you the pit falls of a vehicle. For example a trader that says he will remove the second cats as it a known issue gets my thumbs up. When I was looking i spoke to a large Teesside based import trader who told me he's sold loads of elgrands and never had a single problem due to cat failure and never heard of it as a problem. At that moment no matter how good a deal it seemed or how good the car was I knew he wasn't to be trusted and walked away.

It makes perfect sense. A predator preys on the weak. If he knows you are clued up then it's a waste of his time as he isn't gonna get you to part with your money. So he fobs you off and gets rid of you. It's a good way for us to weed out the bad traders. A good trader will be open and tell you the pit falls of a vehicle. For example a trader that says he will remove the second cats as it a known issue gets my thumbs up. When I was looking i spoke to a large Teesside based import trader who told me he's sold loads of elgrands and never had a single problem due to cat failure and never heard of it as a problem. At that moment no matter how good a deal it seemed or how good the car was I knew he wasn't to be trusted and walked away.

Agreed!

just went on wish to buy some front spots for 18 quid bargain:cool: went through the rigmarole of signing up:rolleyes: pressed purchase and the price came up as 125 quid 75 quid postage plus 20 percent vat WHAT THE FUCK didnt buy them :scream:

Just watched a really early episode of Bullseye.
Firstly the dart player throwing for charity was slightly drunk I think! Also he was smoking a cigarette in the studio as he threw lol.
Secondly the prizes fgs, one was a load of cigars and the big one was a mink fur coat.
Wowzers.

Cool story Bro'

Just watched a really early episode of Bullseye.
Firstly the dart player throwing for charity was slightly drunk I think! Also he was smoking a cigarette in the studio as he threw lol.
Secondly the prizes fgs, one was a load of cigars and the big one was a mink fur coat.
Wowzers.

Cool story Bro'
Haha I've got the first ever episode on my planner, it's so bloody funny, can remember looking forward to watching it on a Sunday teatime way back when lol

Haha I've got the first ever episode on my planner, it's so bloody funny, can remember looking forward to watching it on a Sunday teatime way back when lol
I love it. They used to show 3-2-1 but that's never on nowadays for some reason :(

What I want to know is how did the teams share a fitted kitchen 🤔
😂 You have the base units I'll have the tops.

I do believe you could opt for a cash alternative on the star prize (boat caravan car etc)

Back