• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

G'day all so I have found that in Australia to be able to pass an Elgrand over the pits once it has been imported it has to have the HID converted to H1 globes does anyone have any videos or photos of converting back to HID as they are very dull at night and I can't see much at all any help would be great I have tried google and don't get much out of it at all. I have an E51 2004 with the trim that runs through the head lights.
 
well 'claptrap and paddy caught in there natural habitat next to a burger van putting the world to right
View attachment 122211



I'll be following your lead Bob, it was the Roofbars being sold last week, and the Elgrand will be going up for sale soon :)
 
Had a bit of a shed clear out today, surprising what you find , some of which I’d forgotten about .
These will be on sale shortly when/if I finish the sort out.
Skirts may not be as the rider ones have bent slightly and the firestorm ones , well I’m not sure what they fit ( about an inch longer than riders so probably Highway star ) plus i definitely won’t be arsed with posting them lol.same with the wheels ( need a refurbish/tidy up)
Some rare stuff but I don’t think I’ll be asking silly money.
IMG_9358.jpegIMG_9368.png

Grill only lol
IMG_9367.png
Also have other bits such as full set of rear red lights “ somewhere “
 
Had a bit of a shed clear out today, surprising what you find , some of which I’d forgotten about .
These will be on sale shortly when/if I finish the sort out.
Skirts may not be as the rider ones have bent slightly and the firestorm ones , well I’m not sure what they fit ( about an inch longer than riders so probably Highway star ) plus i definitely won’t be arsed with posting them lol.same with the wheels ( need a refurbish/tidy up)
Some rare stuff but I don’t think I’ll be asking silly money.
View attachment 122226View attachment 122227

Grill only lol
View attachment 122228
Also have other bits such as full set of rear red lights “ somewhere “
What size are the wheels Dave? I could be tempted with them if they’ll fit over my brakes 😉
 
Cheers bud. Let me know when you’ve got a price in mind, though I’d prob have to do a test fit to see if the et would work with the air suspension
 
Cheers bud. Let me know when you’ve got a price in mind, though I’d prob have to do a test fit to see if the et would work with the air suspension
Rob , to you they would be scrap money mate as I just don’t want them back in the shed taking up space.
They do need a refurb though , powder coat lifting around some of the bolt holes ( they do on jap racing wheels as the holes are often drilled after powder coating )
Tyres look like new until you look closer , they have very fine cracks around the sidewalls ( from a few yards away the wheels look great lol)
 
Measured the distance between wheel arch and wheel rim, 120mm all round bar off side rear...100mm.
 
I managed to drain the 12v battery of my new/old beastie - 2004 E51. I've owned it a week so far and its my first foray into ... a MPV missing a few seats with a sink and gas hob in a bit of a strange unit with t'n'g floor boards as sides, with other stuff.

I suspect I need to work out how the leisure battery has been fitted and charges and works and I'll be fine. The wiffs Clio jumped it OK.

I passed my driving test in a Nissan Stanza in 1993ish in Exeter, which was imported to Cyprus in the mid '80s and then eventually driven to the UK. That car used to have silver on black number plates. I now have another Nissan golden oldie to contend with.

I'm amazed at the amount of data available on the ODB port. I don't know if that is normal for a 22 year old vehicle but I doubt it. One of the locals here @KKOK is developing an app to deal with all that data and its looking promising.
 
Nothing really to report, just getting out and enjoying using the van for trips to the sea side.

View attachment 122238


Calshot?

I've been to Chichester and back. Measured the wheel to arch distance again and all were equal, get back home and 20mm discrepancy again. It's my driveway 😩
 
Calshot?

I've been to Chichester and back. Measured the wheel to arch distance again and all were equal, get back home and 20mm discrepancy again. It's my driveway 😩
Always good to be on level ground lol , best place is in your local garage , on the ramps
 
Also it's tein suspension lowered and although it's horrible on shitty road surfaces it's great on bends and roundabouts. I don't feel any wollowing at all. I. My old E46 would wollow and when I got my GTi it showed how crap the e46'was on stock suspension. The E51 on lowered tein is like a GTi 😎. Heard tyre screach coming off a Chichester roundabout but unsure if it was me or the Tesla next to us?. I'm not hooning it, just maintaining pace through them. I'd have felt it if it was me.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top