• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Put my old rear bumper ( original) back on this morning , it will stay until I either reconfigure the the aftermarket one or add the skirts I have for the original, the kakimoto exhaust I’m going with has a single large outlet so different, it’s all good fun int it lil
 
View attachment 121376neighbours son decided to pay my van a visit late yesterday, mom and dad don't want to go through insurance due to his age they want to sent it to a garage for repair only one place I would send it to and that @msl parts,it was late I had a few beers so told them we will sort it today
😠
 
I’ll be staggered if the neighbours actually stump up for this once they see the quote.

People who aren’t “car people” tend to think a combo of a) it’s never as bad as it looks, b) it’s an old car so why do you care, and c) body shop will fix that for a few hundred quid, any more and you must be trying it on.

I find that kind of people incredibly frustrating, and would ALWAYS go with the insurance option myself, having been through this kind of thing before.
 
Update, van is now with @msl parts as neighbours agree the quote, they also agreed to pay for the mechanical costs to get the van running as I was working on it at the time so plenum air box heat shields all need to be refitted and the exhaust bolts need to be torque up
I will call mslpartsltd today for an update
 
Had this parcel delivered today from Japan

Japan Box.jpg

Japan Box Inside.jpg

The centre consul will be going between the two front Recaro seats I have bought and hopefully with a bit of modifyng I can get it to the right height to replace the arm rests I have lost on the standard seats and again with a bit of modifying I am pretty certain that I can get the little 2 channel Alpine and Kenwood amps that I have for the front speakers fitted in it inside the top hinged cover

Also hoping to get the PRV processer and the front seat heater controls fitted in the centre consul but might be a bit tight for the PVR inside the consul but could maybe get it fitted on the side of the consul on the outside but will not know until the seats are fitted.

Centre Consul.jpg

Also in the box were these Recaro seat bases which again are going to need a bit of modifying to fit my S1 as they are for S2/3

Looks like all the bits are there and even the original fitting instructions in Japanese.

Recaro Seat Bases.jpg

Just measured to be on the safe side and the seat bolt pattern on the bases seems to align pretty well with the Recorco seats I have bought so hopefully once modified for the S1 should be a simple bolt in of the seats to the bases.

Also delivered was another key fob which means I will now have a total of 4 just in case.

Will get it programmed in with the SBB Pro and have ordered 2 blank keys and transponder chips from Aliexspress and will get the blanks cut so will have all 4 keys fully working.

The Recaro seats I have bought.

Currently dark green nappa leather and I think originally from a Porsche 911.

Will fit them as they are for now but am thinking of recolouring them black with the stitching picked out in yellow.
 

Attachments

  • Recaro Seats1.jpg
    Recaro Seats1.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 7
Mine is booked for the 15th (along with having the new JDM drilled and grooved brakes fitted).

First MOT in my ownership but it got a clean sheet last time so fingers crossed…
 
Took out the cabin filter hoping to see it being stuffed as Ive had barely any air coming out of vents, filter was fine, so moved on to the actuators, pain in the ass to take them off but after taking them off they seem to be working fine. No solution of yet but will just start taking off more of the dash as we go deeper...
 
Wish me luck, I'm setting off early tomorrow for the drive down to the Isle of Wight for a Northstar conversion... Currently it's an MPV: by Friday it will be more of a day-van, campervan. They were the only ones who nodded through a bespoke design without a six month wait or big price uplift.
I'll update when it's finished 👍
 
295fe02b2e0c9c3b52d6dfb50c2796e740fb2460.jpg


Replaced alternator and battery and while I was there already done the idlers and belts.
Here’s a photo of the old alternator slip rings, wished I took a pic of the inside before cleaning it….looked like someone used a half a tube of copper grease there. Also, noticed that few sellers have Elgrand “specific” alternator for £180 while the same thing cost £130…
 
i am selling because my partner died in january she was onlt 63 and i dont need an 8 seater to take her mobility scooter in so i have down sized to a reliant scimitar and still have the buggy so i got a full years mot and it will be on the market soon
 
Back
Top