• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Like the machine that goes ping...Buy from customer on paper, work on it, sell back to customer for original price plus costs?
HMRC would be interested in that one? Buy for a quid and sell back for a pound & the cost of underseal?
 
Ah yes - but are you allowed to apply it to human bodies? Anyway, I will book myself in. 👍
@Winchester, to satisfy Peter's weird fetish just fill the hot tub with lanoguard and he can wallow in it until every crease and fold is covered. As long as the sat-nav doesn't fetch him back through Wales (smelling of fresh sheep) he'll be happy...
 
Fitted some orange tint to my fogs and did my black surrounds and lower grille with C5, brings plastic up great! Still got the front lip to sort out but not sure I'll have time before the show 😭
1000030249.jpg
 
With the warm temperatures today I thought it would be a good day to tackle some jobs that involve removing old plastic, so I fitted the replacement light bar which I bought from @Bob Edwards a good few months ago due to mine having several cracks in it. It has been debadged and I'm in two minds whether to refit the lettering or leave it be.

IMG_20260625_170302138.jpg

Then I tackled the spoiler which was damaged last year when I reversed into a too low parking space and shattered the rear glass. It's only some surface scratching along the rear edge which I'll repair and respray. It'll have pinstriping when done so doesn't have to be perfect so I'll use the can of Halfords QX1 touch up paint I have on the shelf.

I wanted to remove it as I suspected there may be damage to the fixing clips from the crunch and the fact that the screen fitter had removed it to fit the new glass. My suspicions were correct so I have some mending to do on the underside also. Worst part of the job was removing the sticky pads that hold it round the edges, I don't think Nissan ever intended it to be removed, but at least the glass fitter had sliced them which made my job easier when pulling the spoiler off.

Here's a couple of pics with the spoiler off for anyone who has never seen underneath.



IMG_20260625_170315705.jpg



IMG_20260625_170324277.jpg

Work will continue tomorrow.
 
With the warm temperatures today I thought it would be a good day to tackle some jobs that involve removing old plastic, so I fitted the replacement light bar which I bought from @Bob Edwards a good few months ago due to mine having several cracks in it. It has been debadged and I'm in two minds whether to refit the lettering or leave it be.

View attachment 121260

Then I tackled the spoiler which was damaged last year when I reversed into a too low parking space and shattered the rear glass. It's only some surface scratching along the rear edge which I'll repair and respray. It'll have pinstriping when done so doesn't have to be perfect so I'll use the can of Halfords QX1 touch up paint I have on the shelf.

I wanted to remove it as I suspected there may be damage to the fixing clips from the crunch and the fact that the screen fitter had removed it to fit the new glass. My suspicions were correct so I have some mending to do on the underside also. Worst part of the job was removing the sticky pads that hold it round the edges, I don't think Nissan ever intended it to be removed, but at least the glass fitter had sliced them which made my job easier when pulling the spoiler off.

Here's a couple of pics with the spoiler off for anyone who has never seen underneath.



View attachment 121261



View attachment 121262

Work will continue tomorrow.
Mmmmm , suspiciously clean under that spoiler lol
 
That was 2 hours hard labour removing the goo. I was sweating so much it shorted out my hearing aid batteries.
What I wouldn’t do for a hearing aid with duff batteries right now lol.
Unfortunately my hearing is good ———
 
Back
Top