• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Yesterday changed the cam cover gaskets and did LPG service on a customer Elgrand.

The other day did LPG service on another, just before setting off to come to me the owner asked if I could also look at his fan belt squeel problem and change the washer pump too, all of which I did. He'd recently had a garage change the belts but they were squeeling worse than ever, I found the main belt just wasn't tight enough so only had to slacken the pulley clamp bolt and adjust the tension bolt for that one, the AC tension bolt though was bent and nearly popping out of the bottom slot so to fix that I had to remove the complete AC tensioner and straighten the tension bolt out in the vice before refitting and adjusting properly.
 
Magnu is nearly prepared for her trip down to Modified Nationals in Lincolnshire. Today she has been hoovered and had her bodywork cleaned, prewash (again), snow foam and contact wash. Tomorrow is wax day.
 
Magnu is nearly prepared for her trip down to Modified Nationals in Lincolnshire. Today she has been hoovered and had her bodywork cleaned, prewash (again), snow foam and contact wash. Tomorrow is wax day.
We ended up going to Manchester and back today so I've got some more work to do (hopefully not too much with the prep I did last week)
 
There is something about Thick, Sticky, Black underseal that I find arousing 🫣

View attachment 121212
It’s actually a very thin lanolin coating called Chassis Guard, made by Buzzweld, I tint it black for a nice uniform finish. The textured areas in the photo are the remains of the original factory stone chip protection, which survived the intense wire brush procedure!
 
Got the homemade power pack finished enough for Mod Nats next weekend, 2x100ampLiFe batteries and 1100 wat inverter, fused and switched etc, with just a couple of 12v power sockets for the fridge and extra lights. Still requires more work and covers but it will do for now.
20260621_172256.jpg
 
Today I fitted a brand new flange nut to replace the temporary non flanged one which I found in the junk box in the garage across the road which itself replaced the one I mullered to get it off during the rear bearing replacement. I couldn't get the torque wrench on it with everything else in place so 'kin tight will have to do.
 
Oil and filter done today, gave the wee lassie a spray off with the pressure washer as well to get rid of the dirty Manchester trip bugs and whatnot. The C4 has seriously impressive water beading 😳
 
It’s actually a very thin lanolin coating called Chassis Guard, made by Buzzweld, I tint it black for a nice uniform finish. The textured areas in the photo are the remains of the original factory stone chip protection, which survived the intense wire brush procedure!
Thanks for the info, I’m going to try that next time….

IMG_1312.jpeg
If I pay you, will you apply it for me ?
 
Thanks for the info, I’m going to try that next time….

View attachment 121220
If I pay you, will you apply it for me ?
I’ve undersealed lots of members cars over the years… but my trade insurance price has gone mental… so I’m now not covered to work on other peoples cars anymore 🙄
 
I’ve undersealed lots of members cars over the years… but my trade insurance price has gone mental… so I’m now not covered to work on other peoples cars anymore 🙄
Ah yes - but are you allowed to apply it to human bodies? Anyway, I will book myself in. 👍
 
I’ve undersealed lots of members cars over the years… but my trade insurance price has gone mental… so I’m now not covered to work on other peoples cars anymore 🙄
Is this a joke or serious? I was hoping to get you to top my waxoyl up.
 
Sad but true… I can still help out, but at owners risk, I’m only covered by insurance for car sales now.
Like the machine that goes ping...Buy from customer on paper, work on it, sell back to customer for original price plus costs?
 
Back
Top