• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Had to Google what that was but assumed it was leisure battery related.

That white one with beige interior confuses me...I love black interiors yet that looks so light inside. And them windows are doing an 'el'grand job of keeping it private. I need to view some as online pics always look different

For those who haven’t fitted these kits before, a decent heavy duty crimp tool is required to make safe and secure connections… a hammer and cold chisel is the old school way… I use a Draper tool that you hit with a hammer… it makes a lovely crimped joint.

I couldn't drive with that there. I like to move my legs and feet around a fair bit and if something is restricting me I continually kick it.

Cleaning out the newest arrival today… electric pump and a replacement set of wipers were a useful bonus… plus an in date credit/debit card and a business card for an Italian restaurant in Osaka, coffee bean sweets and collection cards…!?!A4822D38-903C-4B7C-A354-3A9CF67FD5EB.jpegB001716C-A037-44FD-BC83-0276E1AD762E.jpeg

You have to throw in them films with the sale of the Elgrand. I'd quite like that as a nice link to it's previous life.

I changed the plugs, a simple job, went without incident. Not sure they even needed changing TBH....

IMG_20211016_162123.jpg
IMG_20211016_120231__01.jpg

Ahem. Yeah, so back in the REAL WORLD, what a massive ball ache that job truly is. I honestly can't remember if I ever asked for the plugs to be changed on its visits to Brian and I can only assume I didn't. These things hadn't been changed in a long time. I'm actually surprised it ran as smoothly as it did, or at all, these must be really good coil packs.

Speaking of coil packs, no. 3 decided it would leave half of itself in the bore. Panicked visions of the engine coming out ensued before 20 minutes of pulling with fingers in the confined space... And it popped out intact.
IMG_20211016_141520__01.jpg
IMG_20211016_150702__01.jpg
Thankfully it pushed back together and is working fine!
IMG_20211016_150912__01.jpg

Very glad I'd bought several assorted socket extensions beforehand, and a large box of various Nissan (non gen obvs) clips to replace the ones from the scuttle cover when all they turned to chalk. After about a dozen gloves I carried on with bare hands. Too many sharp edges for nitrile gloves.

Only one sheared stud, so I'll take that.
IMG_20211016_112157__01.jpg

I don't want to do this job again. Ever. 🙄😩

Attachments

• IMG_20211016_150912__01.jpg
    IMG_20211016_150912__01.jpg
    503.8 KB · Views: 8
Back