• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Oily fish is like your V-Power. It'll clean your insides and keep your system going.
Deep fried cod n chips, well that's more like your E10 🤪
Actually, that's rubbish. Forget I said it. Mackerel costs next to nothing. Cod is over £5 a fish at my local chippy.

Mullet and crabs too.
I like mackerel; not every day but I can manage it twice a week (He said with a blush.)
Once a king always a king but once a knight's enough.

I live on the coast and can remember doing the same as Simon. Six hooks (or feathers) and six fish nearly every time. They were such big shoals when I was a kid that out of the six it wasn't unusual to foul hook one or more.
If you have a few over try making a fish stew with some. A bit like Cullen Skink or Bouillabaisse.

the beanzzzz what's lurking in the Garage?

You mean this lol, it's a little project I've been working on for a while, work stalled when my wife's health took a serious nose dive. Hope to get back to it sometime soon

Attachments

• phone pics 052.jpg
    phone pics 052.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 15
  • phone pics 041.jpg
    phone pics 041.jpg
    460.1 KB · Views: 15
  • phone pics 095.jpg
    phone pics 095.jpg
    375.4 KB · Views: 15
Today, after cleaning my van now that the rain has finally stopped for a while, I noticed that despite my best endeavours of degreasing the area with bartolines best meths, and very carefully applying my lovely nismo badge to the rear, it's decided to debond 😭.
I see the problem, there's a curve in the rear panel and I should have bent the badge slightly before applying.
In my juvenile haste I neglected to do it though, so now I'm faced with a dilemma. Do I chuck it in the bin and grow up?
Do I attempt to fix it again using some more 3m tape?
Or do I just buy another badge and face the guaranteed mocking from my wife?
🤔

Today, after cleaning my van now that the rain has finally stopped for a while, I noticed that despite my best endeavours of degreasing the area with bartolines best meths, and very carefully applying my lovely nismo badge to the rear, it's decided to debond 😭.
I see the problem, there's a curve in the rear panel and I should have bent the badge slightly before applying.
In my juvenile haste I neglected to do it though, so now I'm faced with a dilemma. Do I chuck it in the bin and grow up?
Do I attempt to fix it again using some more 3m tape?
Or do I just buy another badge and face the guaranteed mocking from my wife?
🤔
Get some Gorilla bonding tape!

You mean this lol, it's a little project I've been working on for a while, work stalled when my wife's health took a serious nose dive. Hope to get back to it sometime soon
A kit?

A mates mate has this in Gdansk, sadly he passed away earlier in the year so not sure what will happen to it as it was away for restoration the last I heard.

VEqrbf8.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
No need to apologise Ian! 🤪

'As mentioned on the Mackerel Reference page, mackerel like a good water flow, therefore shoals can be found around headlands, breakwaters, piers and even reefs. It has been known for mackerel to shoal around sewage outfalls. ... This effect is seen when mackerel are feeding.'

Mackerel and Wreck Fishing

http://www.mackerelfishing.co.uk › fishing
The sea is full of shite anyways as the fish poop on there own doorstep as they say, now beef and chicken jeeeez thats another story especially what the Yanks are doing to it.

A kit?
A mates mate has this in Gdansk, sadly he passed away earlier in the year so not sure what will happen to it as it was away for restoration the last I heard.

VEqrbf8.jpg
That's Fantastic!!
Have you seen the 2018 film T-34?

Nope, I have a dislike well hatred of Russians during WWII as they tried to murder most of my Mothers family and sent them to a Death Camp in Siberia, the irony is the German invasion of Russia probably saved them as they managed to get out with the Polish Army to sanctuary in Persia.
That's terrible!! sorry mate, I didn't realise ! :eek:

Back