• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

so , it's round, shiny, and the box is too big to be an iron
not that i'm bothered :rolleyes:
eemGZFp.jpg

The parcel has been delivered!!! Along with a phone call from the wife saying "what the f*** have you bought now" 🤣🤣 Damn it a whole day at work before I can open it 😪
Not a steering wheel ??? I’m after a steering wheel lol

Mine is at this moment on a hunter alignment system. They've found the rears are cambered at 3 degrees and the inside edge of the tyres has all but gone! 😳
They are adjusting it back to middle aged dad settings 😊

Recently replaced an inner front CV joint (4wd), changed 3 CV gaitors and regreased all 4 CVs on the front.

Was going to change the osf headlight ballast but found the ballast good, just had to change the HT cable between ballast and dipped beam bulb.. Still as much work as changing the ballast though. For access I removed the osf wheel arch guard and screen wash tank. Also fixed the rear window wash that had never worked, found someone in the past had disconnected the rear wash pipe and fitted the outlet from the pump for rear window wash only to the the front lights washer pipe.

Recently replaced an inner front CV joint (4wd), changed 3 CV gaitors and regreased all 4 CVs on the front.

Was going to change the osf headlight ballast but found the ballast good, just had to change the HT cable between ballast and dipped beam bulb.. Still as much work as changing the ballast though. For access I removed the osf wheel arch guard and screen wash tank. Also fixed the rear window wash that had never worked, found someone in the past had disconnected the rear wash pipe and fitted the outlet from the pump for rear window wash only to the the front lights washer pipe.
That reminds me. I recently got a replacement ballast from Brian/BMR, but yet to fit it. Mine is faulty on the passenger side? have you any advice on how best to approach this job? from what I understand the ballast is fitted to the bottom of the light fitting? any help / advice, would be greatly appreciated. It would be great to get it done over the coming weekend and would be great if it didn't take me ALL weekend, lol. 👍

HANG ON!!!
JUST STOP THERE!!!
Have you got headlight washers?
Is this really a thing?
A gadget I haven't got.
Well perturbed.
My white S1 E51 has, my black S1 E51 hasn't... The white one is/was a Rider (I changed the front bumper when it broke) but it still has the Rider grille. The headlight washers are attached to the outside of the Rider chrome grille, little flat profile black oblong shaped bits. But no headlight wipers.

That reminds me. I recently got a replacement ballast from Brian/BMR, but yet to fit it. Mine is faulty on the passenger side? have you any advice on how best to approach this job? from what I understand the ballast is fitted to the bottom of the light fitting? any help / advice, would be greatly appreciated. It would be great to get it done over the coming weekend and would be great if it didn't take me ALL weekend, lol. 👍

When I did the ballast a while ago on the nearside headlight I already had the plastic wheel arch liner removed, I don't remember if there is an access panel in the arch liner to access the nsf ballast. When I did the osf ballast the other day I had to remove the arch liner anyway because there wouldn't have been access even if there was an access panel because the screen wash bottle is in the way... I had to remove the arch liner on the osf before I could shift the screen wash bottle out of the way.

Are you only changing the ballast or the ballast and the HT bulb cable? If you're only changing the ballast (not the cable or bulb) you won't need any access from inside the engine bay. If you're changing the cable as well I'd advise removing the air filter for better access to the rear of the light in the engine bay... I'd do that even if I were only changing the bulb but if you also have to thread a new cable through the light unit it makes even more sense to remove the air filter.

Presuming you already have access to the underside of the ballast (access panel or have removed the wheel arch liner) - Just slacken the 3 ballast retaining screws, let the ballast hang down a little without straining on the power feed cable or HT cable, unclip the power feed cable (familiar Nissan plug, just press in the release catch with a finger), remove the screw that holds the HT wire clamp, disconnect the HT cable plug from it's socket. I believe there are different types of HT socket on Elgrand ballasts, on my type I had to use a little flat screwdriver in a slot at the side of the brown plug to depress the release catch before the HT plug could be removed from it's socket.

Last edited:
Back