• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I would just give up and paint it.

Seeing it is payday filled her up at Tesco’s … should last quite a while nowadays.. trip out on Sunday to meet up with a couple of Elgrand friends ..

@Stempy you should know by now I have a chrome fetish! lol
@peter strokosz borrowed my sons girlfriends mothers car a Renault Twingo Diesel to take my son to the airport. D
Did 250km to 21 euros of diesel! lol Would have cost three times the amount in the Elgrand! Just had to fill up at 2 euros 4 cents per litre!!! :eek:

That looks great @Highway Dave, don't dink it with your bonnet though!
Well the bonnet did indeed dink the grill (was where it won't show--------too much filler under the front lip, all sorted now)
What will show are the minor scratches i gained by dropping the grill :mad: (oh well a few permanent markers will sort that :innocent:

Well the bonnet did indeed dink the grill (was where it won't show--------too much filler under the front lip, all sorted now)
What will show are the minor scratches i gained by dropping the grill :mad: (oh well a few permanent markers will sort that :innocent:
How disappointing, you can get fine point sharpies which might be ideal.

Look @Highway Dave
Just admit it the bad boy will not fit yours and you may as well just sell it. ;)

Hmmmmm, reminds me of something.......

Ahhh ha got it ;o)))))

j7BO6nx.jpg

Today I flushed the cooling system and refilled. Out with the green and in with the red. Bit of a faff of a job so started on the beer and will now have to finish it tomorrow.

Fixed LPG systems on a couple of vehicles you won't be interested in

Dropped the front propshaft off my 2002 4wd Elgrand, been suspecting a problem with a UJ on the front prop for a while because there was an intermittent clicking noise from somewhere under the front that only occurred in certain over-run conditions and could be made to go away by switching from 2wd to 4wd. I let the symptoms develop to make identifying the problem component easier before removing any bits and had to wait until I had time between working on customer vehicles, but today I found time before I had to nip to hospital for an MRI scan. Found the problem before I'd even removed the prop, could make the same clicks by moving the rear of the front prop up and down, the problem is play in the front prop rear UJ.

Front prop removed
20210716_142938b.jpg

To remove the front prop the only other bit I had to remove was the undertray. Difficult to get a socket onto the 14mm hex headed prop bolts/nuts but I managed to get them all off using the ring end of a 14mm spanner and using the spanner on spanner trick to increase leverage. I reckon it too 200ft/lbs to crack the nuts off.

I could now buy new UJ's from BMR and fit them to my existing prop, price of UJ's yet to be confirmed by BMR, or buy a complete front prop from Stevemen for £35 if I collect.

This got rid of the clicking noises but my black 4wd Elgrand is rear wheel drive only now until I've put the front prop back on.

Last edited:
Back