• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

well she is watching sowing bee🤮 so i just bought some bonnet gas struts blue carbon 🥳and ive not had a beer tonight☹️
Nice one Bob 👍

Where have you ordered the gas struts from please?

very nice andy :cool:👍and russell i got them from grandado.com £51.48 with tracking up to 25 day delivery time the ones on amazon are dearer by time shipping is added just type Nissan e51 bonnet struts there are different colours to choose from

very nice andy :cool:👍and russell i got them from grandado.com £51.48 with tracking up to 25 day delivery time the ones on amazon are dearer by time shipping is added just type Nissan e51 bonnet struts there are different colours to choose from
Well at least you are used to waiting for deliveries.

Cheers Bob... Nice one 👌

Finally fitted the Terry Wong curtains now off to the Refrectory for lunch and a few Guinness.

View attachment 52885View attachment 52884View attachment 52883

I have the previous curtain rails for the two middle and two rear windows that I had shaped and fitted at the top of each window complete with fitted runner hooks. Simple to fit with small self tappers, runners are available free of charge.
If you are near Godalming and are interested I can meet you somewhere. I can post at your expense but will need to get some tips from Brian @BMR on packaging :)

Rails1.jpgRails.jpg

Thought I'd get this topic underway :)

It's quite popular on many car forums and is a nice way of highlighting something new you've done with your Elgrand be it a modification, a repair, general maintenance or just took her out for a great drive :)

Just add to the thread as and when.

Who will start us off? :)
Engine oil change!

Pfffft, my Katana..... ;o)))))

lHl0UCj.jpg
I have a dozen or so of these real ones not copy's

Should I try polishing the car myself (never done it before, car is showing scratches in the sunlight.) or pay someone to do it. I've been quoted from £300 to £750.
That sounds very expensive... I had mine professionally machine polished for £125 (excluding roof). Took half a day. To be honest though, my other car has come up just well by doing it myself by hand. I clayed the car first then gave it a deep colour restoration then a polish. Hard to tell the difference between the two. The major difference being by doing myself and buying the polish online o saved £85. Just depends if you can bothered or not.

That sounds very expensive... I had mine professionally machine polished for £125 (excluding roof). Took half a day. To be honest though, my other car has come up just well by doing it myself by hand. I clayed the car first then gave it a deep colour restoration then a polish. Hard to tell the difference between the two. The major difference being by doing myself and buying the polish online o saved £85. Just depends if you can bothered or not.
For real 125 pounds? Can't believe it, cheapest I had as a quote from a guy on Facebook was 300 lol.

Back