• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I have fitted the canm8 cruise control. Only real issue was trying to fit the wires to the back of the odb socket. A fiddly job with little space and thin wires. Works well. Takes a few attempts to get use to how it operates.

Just a quick heads up. When using the increase speed button, use it in little presses. When held it caused mine to drop 2 gears and nearly redline it for acceleration. I use the throttle pedal for overtaking then release to drop back to set speed. Enjoy wafting along.

Awesome advice Jason, thanks very much! 🤩
I want to waft not warp!! 😂

Just a quick heads up. When using the increase speed button, use it in little presses. When held it caused mine to drop 2 gears and nearly redline it for acceleration. I use the throttle pedal for overtaking then release to drop back to set speed. Enjoy wafting along.
A good thing about that is the 3.5v6 roaring 😄

Bought a katana 😅 will get it tomorrow, hopefully it's okayish quality, more expensive on amazon, but easier returns in case it's bad quality.
View attachment 52925
Pfffft, my Katana..... ;o)))))

lHl0UCj.jpg

What have i done to my Elgrand today....well not a good day. The Elgrand is playing up so spent most of the day working out what the issue might be and looking on this great knowledge base it could be a number of things. Obviously i won't put techy posts here but today i've been nursing the Elgrand in the hope i can bring it back to previous good health. It's still moving (after starting 3/4 time) but shuddering so needs some looking after :(

Tinted two of my side windows! Wow theres defo a technique to this! Pretty happy with the job looks great from the outside and pretty reasonable on inside. The window film was only 5 euros so not the best quality!
Not sure whether it maybe to dark though, limo black 3%!!!! Looks very mean now and my passengers can now swear at other drivers without them seeing! lol

Hi Shep,
You'll need these items to send 'cast' from your mobile or tablet, to your Elgrand screen:

1 A Google Chromecast,

2 An HDMI to RCA converter (switch set to NTSC) and about 3-4m of RCA cables (Yellow/Red/White) and

3 A 12v Cigar Lighter to twin USB power adapter,

You'll also ideally have the rear connectors for RCA or need to get the adapter cable to plug into the rear mounted analogue TV Tuner,

The Miracasting 'button' is circled on my mobile You Tube screenshot below,

View attachment 52686View attachment 52685
View attachment 52689
View attachment 52687
Have all the required, but I get nothing to show on the car, plugged in the rear sockets. Should display on the dvd screen button no? On TV button, the aftermarket head unit displays on all displays.
What exactly do you need to select on the dash after plug in the rear socket.

Have all the required, but I get nothing to show on the car, plugged in the rear sockets. Should display on the dvd screen button no? On TV button, the aftermarket head unit displays on all displays.
What exactly do you need to select on the dash after plug in the rear socket.
Alin can you plug into the head unit as an input with your Chromecast? It might then display to the screens, but you may end up with lag.
Otherwise, you will need to plug your Chromecast rca output into the rear directly. The dvd button calls up the nav unit dvd. The TV button is the right one, for the rear connections.

Back