• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

That grille Andy,simply stunning,mines getting sorted this summer or I'm buying a house in your street😅
Think he @dognero should should start giving classes how to clean and polish a Elgrand 👍👍

Last edited:
Just been checking bits and bobs under the car and can see the rear cat bolts look like they've never been touched. Was assured that the rear cats had been de-cored when I bought it. Contacted the seller who informed me that Japan wouldn't let non de-catted E51's be exported. I have serious doubts about this statement. Any views ? I understand from browsing the side that some importers do the job but there should be a paper trail conforming this I suppose. Anyway, they're coming back to take the car off on Monday for a tracking assessment post replacing most of the consumable parts of the rear end suspension due to a constant knocking (now cured !!) and have asked them to get the cats checked. I guess the only way to know is to take off the shorter side and see if you can poke something through it ?? If a "prodder" doesn't go through then it hasn't been done on either the long and shorter sides. I have to say folks, that whilst I love driving the van, I'm finding all of these scary stories rather disconcerting and has somewhat taken the shine off my new ownership ..... what next me thinks !

Just been checking bits and bobs under the car and can see the rear cat bolts look like they've never been touched. Was assured that the rear cats had been de-cored when I bought it. Contacted the seller who informed me that Japan wouldn't let non de-catted E51's be exported. I have serious doubts about this statement. Any views ? I understand from browsing the side that some importers do the job but there should be a paper trail conforming this I suppose. Anyway, they're coming back to take the car off on Monday for a tracking assessment post replacing most of the consumable parts of the rear end suspension due to a constant knocking (now cured !!) and have asked them to get the cats checked. I guess the only way to know is to take off the shorter side and see if you can poke something through it ?? If a "prodder" doesn't go through then it hasn't been done on either the long and shorter sides. I have to say folks, that whilst I love driving the van, I'm finding all of these scary stories rather disconcerting and has somewhat taken the shine off my new ownership ..... what next me thinks !
Where did you buy it from?

Cusco anti roll bars fitted after a 15 week wait for delivery.....

Feels good. Just the graphics left to do. Booked in for the end of next month.

The stories are scary,but a relatively simple fix for the rears,if they haven't been done get them gutted asap,or contact @Winchester for a replacement swap.as to the sellers claim on the export hmm.🤔

Dealer is full of BS.

In their defence, it was only what they were told when they purchased it for the conversion AND their doing everything they can to help get it all sorted. Just been looking at removing the near side to check one but doesn't seem to be much wriggle room to get the Cat studs away from the pipes at either end. Only way to find out I'm guessing.

Should I try polishing the car myself (never done it before, car is showing scratches in the sunlight.) or pay someone to do it. I've been quoted from £300 to £750.
I brought a das da polisher and spent a whole day on my daisey ... came up like a mirror.. loads of utorials on utube for beginners.. you can get the polisher and polish for around £120and then it’s just your time work 4927952B-CFE3-4CFC-861E-671B51DC868D.jpegB49B5447-9E57-44EB-8EB9-196CA0869CFE.jpeg

Shame as out of stock, you have the Pro don't you Peter?

Shame as out of stock, you have the Pro don't you Peter?

I certainly do but you can get a cheaper das that will do the job just as well I think ...I think the main difference I am that you can use bigger pads... from watching the tutorials , washed, dried , de tar, clay mitt , da polish, then wax .. she came up lovely ... they’re big cars so it will take best part of a day to do .. but the rewards are worth all the work and time.

Last edited:
In their defence, it was only what they were told when they purchased it for the conversion AND their doing everything they can to help get it all sorted. Just been looking at removing the near side to check one but doesn't seem to be much wriggle room to get the Cat studs away from the pipes at either end. Only way to find out I'm guessing.
Yes, removal is the only way to be absolutely certain. Small one should come off fairly easily, but if it's not been off before then it may put up some resistance.

Back