• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I'll take one whilst out tomorrow, it's hard to get a decent shot on the drive.
I hope it passes the toe test, looks like it should.

Suns out so I gave her a wash and cleaned the interior up. How many McDonald fries can you find hidden by the kids?

Started the van today with the aid of a power pack, not used it in October at all, last went away in it at the end of September, still needs filling up with petrol though.

well all i done was put mudguards on then off again (well one) as myself and steve found they don't fit a highway star they only fit models without body kits so thats v/vg/xl bit of a bummer as i was looking forward to putting them on

well all i done was put mudguards on then off again (well one) as myself and steve found they don't fit a highway star they only fit models without body kits so thats v/vg/xl bit of a bummer as i was looking forward to putting them on
Looked clean though...

Are they (or would they be i guess) easy to fit? I was considering getting some in the future.

they are very easy to fit 3 screws on each int the the already holes in the wheel arch the ones i have will be sent back to steve (tojo motors) on monday for refund the price was very reasonable and a full set do not come up very often if you pm steve he could probably turn them round very quickly

Just got back from my daily exercise, this involved setting off on a walk from my house at 10:50 the walk took me past the war memorial in my village. Where I needed to stop and rest for approximately 2 mins, this happens at 11:00. Strange how the timings work.............

Did we see a side shot of your new lowness?
Went out in the bus today to visit my folks grave (mums birthday) and leave a poppy.

It was the first drive since setting the suspension to low, didn't like it. Steering is better, probably down to increased negative camber, but ride was choppy as hell. The problem I think stems from the fact that these are the basic coilovers and as such rely on spring preload to alter the ride height. So I will be winding it back up to a sensible level.

Too low for comfort.
IMG_20201108_131442_9.jpeg

Before it was mine.
s-l1600-3.jpeg

Last edited:
Went out in the bus today to visit my folks grave (mums birthday) and leave a poppy.

It was the first drive since setting the suspension to low, didn't like it. Steering is better, probably down to increased negative camber, but ride was choppy as hell. The problem I think stems from the fact that these are the basic coilovers and as such rely on spring preload to alter the ride height. So I will be winding it back up to a sensible level.

Too low for comfort.
View attachment 43853
Looks sweet though :cool:

Too low for comfort.
View attachment 43853
Shame you need to adjust again, at lowest front camber changes a bit and can be adjusted but back changes way more and will always be too negative. You could try half way rather than max height and see how you get on, it’d still look good and have the driving benefits.

Back