• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

The headunit and facia are now in and all cables routed to their final destinations.

What an absolute twat it was to get the new facia lined up and on!! The piece of trim below the stereo now doesn't clip in, bit crap but doesn't look too bad in person. Any suggestions?

View attachment 41660View attachment 41661

Also took out the 6 CD changer under the passenger seat to make more storage room. Might make a box to go under there or just stick an underseat sub?

View attachment 41662

Next to polish my tip 🤪

View attachment 41663
Nice to see some pics of android head unit. Going to be tackling this soon, so many units to choose from though...

Nice to see some pics of android head unit. Going to be tackling this soon, so many units to choose from though...
If you're going Android, I'd recommend the PX6 chipset, nice amount of grunt with no lag. If you don't have the bose system I'd also recommend getting a unit with a DSP (digital sound processor) as it does help improve audio quality.

Nothing on either of my own 2 Elgrands besides driving them.

But I've converted 2 Elgrands to LPG this week and decored rear cats on one of them.

Last week I converted 2 Elgrands to LPG and fitted a towbar,

Next week I'm converting 2 Elgrands to LPG, one of those is for a repeat customer who I'd converted another Elgrand to LPG for a couple of years ago.

Make sure the rear or front cats are decored if you haven't already 👍
How can I check if this has been done (supposedly find info on tech section after 10 posts)is it diyable?

Nothing on either of my own 2 Elgrands besides driving them.

But I've converted 2 Elgrands to LPG this week and decored rear cats on one of them.

Last week I converted 2 Elgrands to LPG and fitted a towbar,

Next week I'm converting 2 Elgrands to LPG, one of those is for a repeat customer who I'd converted another Elgrand to LPG for a couple of years ago.
How much for conversion? Where are you based?

How can I check if this has been done (supposedly find info on tech section after 10 posts)is it diyable?
Should be diyable to check, a few bolts to whip them off, check for evidence of weld lines. Assume if you can see right through them that's also confirmation there's nothing in there 👍

I imagine the only struggle you'll have possibly is undoing the nuts/bolts if they're hard on.

Did you get the van from a dealer or private sale?

How much for conversion? Where are you based?
I've charged the same £1695 (all in) to convert Elgrands for a few years now, during that time I've converted around 300 Elgrands and have come to own 2 Elgrands myself. Based in a town called South Elmsall, which is between (all of) Doncaster, Wakefield, Pontefract and Barnsley. WF9 2DS.

There are electronic ways of checking if front cats have been decored, as Stempy says the only way of checking if rear cats have been decored is to remove them to check.

You don't have to be very handy at all with spanners to decore rear cats but you do have to be able to weld to decore the drivers side rear cat (after you've removed it).

This is one method of removing and decoring front cats https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/front-cats-decore.21762/
An easier method if you have a garage type vehicle lift is to drop the front subframe!

It is very(!) much easier to decore rear cats than to decore front cats.

One of my recent Elgrand LPG conversion customers is @57jam89 . I converted a Skyline to LPG for him a few years ago, Iirc he came to me from a long way away for his Skyline converting to LPG because he liked the things I said on LPGforum (where I am also LPGC). I don't think he even knew I'd ever converted an Elgrand to LPG when he asked me to convert his Elgrand to LPG lol. But he knows I know my stuff and do a proper job regardless of vehicle and has probably since seen threads on Maserati's etc I've converted to LPG. He told me my write up on decoring Elgrand front cats was a good help when he decored his Elgrand front cats himself.

Last edited:
I've charged the same £1695 (all in) to convert Elgrands for a few years now, during that time I've converted around 300 Elgrands and have come to own 2 Elgrands myself. Based in a town called South Elmsall, which is between (all of) Doncaster, Wakefield, Pontefract and Barnsley. WF9 2DS.
Really good to know, seriously considering it just wanna research more first

Should be diyable to check, a few bolts to whip them off, check for evidence of weld lines. Assume if you can see right through them that's also confirmation there's nothing in there 👍

I imagine the only struggle you'll have possibly is undoing the nuts/bolts if they're hard on.

Did you get the van from a dealer or private sale?
Hmmm I wanna say private dealer. It was a company but not sure I'd call it a dealership

There are electronic ways of checking if front cats have been decored, as Stempy says the only way of checking if rear cats have been decored is to remove them to check.

You don't have to be very handy at all with spanners to decore rear cats but you do have to be able to weld to decore the drivers side rear cat (after you've removed it).

This is one method of removing and decoring front cats https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/front-cats-decore.21762/
An easier method if you have a garage type vehicle lift is to drop the front subframe!

It is very(!) much easier to decore rear cats than to decore front cats.

One of my recent Elgrand LPG conversion customers is @57jam89 . I converted a Skyline to LPG for him a few years ago, Iirc he came to me from a long way away for his Skyline converting to LPG because he liked the things I said on LPGforum (where I am also LPGC). I don't think he even knew I'd ever converted an Elgrand to LPG when he asked me to convert his Elgrand to LPG lol. But he knows I know my stuff and do a proper job regardless of vehicle and has probably since seen threads on Maserati's etc I've converted to LPG. He told me my write up on decoring Elgrand front cats was a good help when he decored his Elgrand front cats himself.
Cheers, can't access the link. Says the 10 post message even though I'm over 10?

What's the 😲 about stempyuno? Is this a no no?

Back