• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Clear Perspex bonnet?
Now that is a brilliant idea. I'm thinking the easiest way would be to have a window cut into it.

Last edited:
After its long journey home yesterday I have cleaned all the dead bodies of before they got even more baked on but will have to wait till it cools down before it gets a full clean.😀
Same here today, front end is more red than white :mad:

I think it's verging on the obsessive but I'm pleased with how it's turning out. I'll post another pic when it's finished and in position.

Looks like you need an extra Elgrand in front. Wondered why you bought another.
The white one I used on holiday with the caravan is my first Elgrand.

Couldn't resist buying the black one... It was for sale 2 miles from where I live at the right price and with curtains (could be good during lockdown for sticking a porta-potti in the back for the missus lol), cruise, 2 seats in middle (rather than 3 for a change), 4x4 like my white one. Also came included with a spare set of alloys in good nick which I might stick on the white one.

Went on holiday in the white one rather than black one because I didn't have time to convert the black one to LPG before the holiday and I know/trust the white one to be reliable.

Well today was the first time I have drove the Elgrand since Wednesday.
On Wednesday I rewired my show lights.
This involved running a 7 core cable to the secret box where the flare is kept.
Removed the glove box to reveal the heater box.
I could see the grey insulation behind it. The same insulation I could see in the hole.
So I decided to pull the cable through the small bung on the passenger side firewall.
I figured that It would go between the insulation and the heater box.
I cut a section of the insulation out just under the heater box so I could see or feel the wire.
Tried all different wires etc pushed down the hole to see if I could find out where it would come out.
I tried a strong piece of wire slightly thinner than a coat hanger.
It seemed to be doing the job but it got caught on something and It would not come back out.
I left it in, cut off the excess and used 2 tie wraps which did the job.
Everything working and back together.
Job done!..............

So today I had to go to work for a while.
Weather hot so I put the air con and blowers on in the back and the front. (I always run the air con in the back when the front is on)
WTF no fans running in the front.
Oh no I thought. I must have caught the cable for the blowers behind the heater box.
I knew the plug had not come off as I could see that when I put it back together.
So I took all the glove box back off and sure enough the heater fan plug was on nice and tight.
Double WTF.
I looked at the job in hand ie removing all the heater assembly for find the other end of the cable.
I thought I wonder if the fan is stuck?
So I removed the cabin filter so I could put my hand in and spin it.
To my dismay here is the other end of the thicker wire in the fan box.
I have no Idea how it got there as I would assume it would be a sealed box apart from the inlet which should be no where near where I threaded the wire.
With a sharp tug I managed to pull the offending wire out.
Tested the fan and hey presto it sprung to life.

So this is just a little warning to anyone who want to use the little bung to get a cable from the engine bay.
Be Careful.

This is what I have done today.
Sorry I did not get any photos.
Which is one of the reasons why on a thread a month or so ago I suggested (to someone else) running wires through the drivers side rubber bung in the bulkhead instead of the passenger side bung :rolleyes:

I think that's when I was poking my camera wires through. The general consensus seemed to indicate that drivers side was a doddle, and it was for me as the grommet had already been removed. :p

I think that's when I was poking my camera wires through. The general consensus seemed to indicate that drivers side was a doddle, and it was for me as the grommet had already been removed. :p
Ahh, I'd forgotten what the thread was about and who was posting.

Back