• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Added a Miracast and front camera.

Needs a little cable management
20180420_120438.jpg
20180420_103953.jpg
20180420_104438.jpg
20180420_112852.jpg
20180420_113602.jpg
Switch on the dash to turn it on and off.
The image is reversed.
If I can't figure out how to reverse it then it's no big deal
20180420_113533.jpg

Added a Miracast and front camera.

Needs a little cable management
Switch on the dash to turn it on and off.
The image is reversed.
If I can't figure out how to reverse it then it's no big deal

The mirror cameras I added have small wires that can be cut to reverse and remove parking lines, but maybe yours are specifically reversing cameras?

I'd like to add a front cam, and yours is very discrete, however I fancy one that can see the front lip as I'm paranoid I'll park on a kerb. I just can't think of a discrete place that will give me that view.

Worthy of a mention, if only because I always get all wound up about it is it passed the MOT yesterday! Bit of play in front wheel bearings and front pads are low but Brian told me about those so no surprises. 😎

The mirror cameras I added have small wires that can be cut to reverse and remove parking lines, but maybe yours are specifically reversing cameras?

I'd like to add a front cam, and yours is very discrete, however I fancy one that can see the front lip as I'm paranoid I'll park on a kerb. I just can't think of a discrete place that will give me that view.
How about right behind and underneath the lower edge of your front number plate plinth. Hidden from view but it will give a nice downward image

Well ive been busy today with project new rear brakes etc. Ive also looked at winding the rear suspension up a tad but I only had about 10mm of adjustment TBF but it took it anyway and she looks like she is sitting a tad higher now but I wont know for sure until ive driven her and I cant do that until ive bled the brakes through which i'll do tomorrow as I'm knackered.

Had my mate Terrance pop over too in his new 2007 S2 Highway Star which he also bought from WRM. Its only a 2.5cc model but it has a lot of extra's on it and she is immaculate. Terrance has done quite a few miles in her already and he reports the power of the 2.5cc to be more than adequate for his liking and driving style.

So my new rear RED calipers and Yellow HEL braided lines are now fitted along with freshly painted caliper hangers and a new set of slider pins, pad shims and rubber grommets. I am very pleased with the result and it was not difficult to change everything over either once I had her up on the stands. Everything came off easily with no effort required thus no spanner rash on my hands or swearing at all which has to be a first when working on a car for me.

Ive still got to bleed the rears through though and then strip down the front brakes and do the same again. Clean hangers and calipers and then paint those and then fit fhe front flexi lines reassemble it all and then bleed the whole system. Fingers crossed all will be fine and THEN I can re-fit my freshly painted Rider side skirts back on and look at removing my front Rider bumper and possible the left side front wing to be re-painted and be rid of all the stone chips. She will be pretty much perfect then for an S1 2004 model. I can then look at a full machine polish and maybe ceramic coating if funds allow in my piggy bank. ( see att pics of todays joys )

I will plan on having my old 2 calipers fully re-furbished so I have spares of I may just sell them on ebay. Not sure yet on that one.

Had a good look around too underneath whilst up in the air and she look superb and not a hint of any aircon leak from the pipes at the rear. All perfect so a re-gas will be done next weekend hopefully to make her ice cold.

I'm pretty much future proofing my ride over time for longevity purposes and ultra reliability plus when I come to upgrade time the new owner will be buying a 100% fully sorted beast.
SNV32472.JPGSNV32473.JPGSNV32475.JPGSNV32483.JPGSNV32488.JPGSNV32491.JPGSNV32494.JPGSNV32476.JPGSNV32489.JPG

Last edited:
The boy gave ellie a bloody good wash this afternoon and I've done the first coat of polishing. Second coat tomorrow, was doing it inbetween tending my BBQ! Pics to follow

Well ive been busy today with project new rear brakes etc. Ive also looked at winding the rear suspension up a tad but I only had about 10mm of adjustment TBF but it took it anyway and she looks like she is sitting a tad higher now but I wont know for sure until ive driven her and I cant do that until ive bled the brakes through which i'll do tomorrow as I'm knackered.

Had my mate Terrance pop over too in his new 2007 S2 Highway Star which he also bought from WRM. Its only a 2.5cc model but it has a lot of extra's on it and she is immaculate. Terrance has done quite a few miles in her already and he reports the power of the 2.5cc to be more than adequate for his liking and driving style.

So my new rear RED calipers and Yellow HEL braided lines are now fitted along with freshly painted caliper hangers and a new set of slider pins, pad shims and rubber grommets. I am very pleased with the result and it was not difficult to change everything over either once I had her up on the stands. Everything came off easily with no effort required thus no spanner rash on my hands or swearing at all which has to be a first when working on a car for me.

Ive still got to bleed the rears through though and then strip down the front brakes and do the same again. Clean hangers and calipers and then paint those and then fit fhe front flexi lines reassemble it all and then bleed the whole system. Fingers crossed all will be fine and THEN I can re-fit my freshly painted Rider side skirts back on and look at removing my front Rider bumper and possible the left side front wing to be re-painted and be rid of all the stone chips. She will be pretty much perfect then for an S1 2004 model. I can then look at a full machine polish and maybe ceramic coating if funds allow in my piggy bank. ( see att pics of todays joys )

I will plan on having my old 2 calipers fully re-furbished so I have spares of I may just sell them on ebay. Not sure yet on that one.

Had a good look around too underneath whilst up in the air and she look superb and not a hint of any aircon leak from the pipes at the rear. All perfect so a re-gas will be done next weekend hopefully to make her ice cold.

I'm pretty much future proofing my ride over time for longevity purposes and ultra reliability plus when I come to upgrade time the new owner will be buying a 100% fully sorted beast.
View attachment 4151View attachment 4152View attachment 4153View attachment 4154View attachment 4155View attachment 4156View attachment 4157View attachment 4158View attachment 4159
Very nice job there mate

Where did you get the chrome mirror covers and rear licence plate surround - been looking for those for my E51?

Luckily the Elgrand came with the chrome mirror covers @Neil Walker. Just had to get hold of another chrome mirror cover for my silver Elgrand and it took the garage nearly 2 years to locate one so they are not easy to get hold of!! THe rear licence plate surround is just a standard Rider item.

Looks good that, need to paint up my calipers at some point.

The BC Coilovers don't go very high

Luckily the Elgrand came with the chrome mirror covers @Neil Walker. Just had to get hold of another chrome mirror cover for my silver Elgrand and it took the garage nearly 2 years to locate one so they are not easy to get hold of!! THe rear licence plate surround is just a standard Rider item.
Sounds like I need to keep looking! thanks

Gave the silver Elgrand another polish and also started detailing the underneath, yes I must be bonkers! lol
This started by removing the spare wheel! Yuk!

b:w Elgrand.jpg
spare1.jpgspare2.jpgspare3.jpgsapre4.jpg
Bit cleaner minus the rust spots of a 15 year old wheel! :p

Wow, that's a fantastic result, what products did you have to use to get your spare wheelbtobthe final condition

Wow, that's a fantastic result, what products did you have to use to get your spare wheelbtobthe final condition

Plenty of elbow grease @MikeyD, a gentle use of some wire wool although a few flecks of paint fell off due to the rust so I touched them up and then finished of with some Mr Sheen believe it or not! lol

Looks good that, need to paint up my calipers at some point.

The BC Coilovers don't go very high
Yeah sadly ive found that out mate yesterday. Not enough threads left to wind down on otherwise she would have gone up nicely at the rear. Might have to look at some other options albeit I do love the low ride look to a degree.

Elbow grease, I've googled it but unable to buy any! Me thinks it's a rare commodity :laughing: that's difficult to buy. Anyone got any spare? LOL
I'M gonna need lots of elbows to grease to return my E50, Pearl, to a good condition!

Last edited:
Back