• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

index.php

Thought the twin light ones were Vitesses
Its like a see through film so cannot get underneath it to try dental floss. Its stuck like s@#t to a blanket

Maybe try the hair dryer like @Crazycraig mentioned see if you can soften the film @Chrisplumber

Well this bloody rain is really starting to wind me up now albeit today I have managed to get my ride's nose in the garage door way and take the grill off so I can re-mount my Knight Rider LED strip as it came loose. Done that and all ok again. At same time I decided to make further investigation in to how the 2 plastic chrome trims come off which sit between my Rider indicators and main headlamp units. Got em both off with some gentle persuasion and took them off to the paint shop to be painted Black to match the van. I initially thought the indicator and headlight units were separate units but they are NOT. they are infact a complete whole unit and the chrome trim just sits between them. I took some pictures so other Rider owners will now know and incase they also wish to colour code the 2 x trims. I personally think its a tad too busy in the chrome department on the front of the Riders hence my decision to colour code these 2 trims to Black. Sadly the E51 grill is still held in place with those same annoying little plastic twist clips as used on the E50 front grills. You cant have it all I suppose.:confused::p The trims also say Rider Autec on them. SNV32460.JPGSNV32461.JPGSNV32462.JPGSNV32463.JPGSNV32464.JPG

Today I cleaned TB2 for the first time since I got it. That's what happens when you buy in December, weather gets in the way.
Looks a lot nicer but found way too much paint and body damage to make it worth while polishing and repairing. Looks like TB2 will remain the workhorse International Rescue always intended. 😁

Today I cleaned TB2 for the first time since I got it. That's what happens when you buy in December, weather gets in the way.
Looks a lot nicer but found way too much paint and body damage to make it worth while polishing and repairing. Looks like TB2 will remain the workhorse International Rescue always intended. 😁
Keep the faith buddy and nibble away at it a bit at a time as I always do until you get it to where you want it to be. Its easy from then onwards.

Found out mine has Tein shocks fitted with one of these.
20180402_182405.jpg
Then found out it had a fault on the front right.
Bugger.
Did some digging and it was a plug loose.
Works a treat now.
I can now change from rock hard.
Happy days!

View attachment 3763
Bugger.
Works a treat now.
Happy days!

Wow that was a nice find @dognero!!! :p

View attachment 3763
Bugger.
Works a treat now.
Happy days!

Just goes to show you never know what you're getting till you've got it.
These Elgrands are like a jamboree bag, full of surprises.

Keep the faith buddy and nibble away at it a bit at a time as I always do until you get it to where you want it to be. Its easy from then onwards.

I'll have to get a list together on my next day off, one of the joys of working for Currys is you never have two days off together so can't finish what you started 🤬.
But off the top of my head.
Front bumper.
Cracked and held together with staples.
Curb damage to both corners. Bad.
Mounting points snapped off on both sides.
Rear bumper.
As above.
Nearside body.
Multiple dents. Some will pull out, some will need a body shop.
Offside body
Not as bad but multiple door"dings".
Lower skirts.
Need respraying but no visible damage.
Wheel arches.
All four splash guards shattered.
Grill.
Chrome pickled, needs replacing.
Spoiler.
Needs repainting.

There would be more if I went looking for it, just not sure if it's worth it and that's just the body.
It's got five good tyres but all different brands and tread pattern.
Just don't think it's worth the effort.

I could write a book on what not to buy. 😥 Lesson learned.

I'll have to get a list together on my next day off, one of the joys of working for Currys is you never have two days off together so can't finish what you started 🤬.
But off the top of my head.
Front bumper.
Cracked and held together with staples.
Curb damage to both corners. Bad.
Mounting points snapped off on both sides.
Rear bumper.
As above.
Nearside body.
Multiple dents. Some will pull out, some will need a body shop.
Offside body
Not as bad but multiple door"dings".
Lower skirts.
Need respraying but no visible damage.
Wheel arches.
All four splash guards shattered.
Grill.
Chrome pickled, needs replacing.
Spoiler.
Needs repainting.

There would be more if I went looking for it, just not sure if it's worth it and that's just the body.
It's got five good tyres but all different brands and tread pattern.
Just don't think it's worth the effort.

I could write a book on what not to buy. 😥 Lesson learned.
Drive it in to the ground I say buddy and then get another and or buy another E50 and use your as a good spares wagon.

Drive it in to the ground I say buddy and then get another and or buy another E50 and use your as a good spares wagon.

Intended driving it till it won't drive no more. I'LL keep on top of the mechanicals and keep it roadworthy as long as I can cause I sure do enjoy driving it.

Back