• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Today I finished amassing all the bits for a 'top end' service. I have spark plugs, PCV valve and O ring, Loctite 270 (for plenum valves) and a baffled oil catch tank (probably need some extra vacuum hose). Just need a couple of days of fine weather ( Elgrand doesn't fit the garage) and coincidental free time to do the job. Also copped a set of JIS screwdrivers.

Fancy turning all that into a how to?

I will take some pictures, but you know my motto, 'If it ain't broke, fix it 'til it is'.

Good man, I’m yet to familiarise myself with the locations of some key items and what to strip off to get to them. Ha ha yeah I know, you haven’t borrowed your scouring pads to @Ruzz1 have you? ;)

Good man, I’m yet to familiarise myself with the locations of some key items and what to strip off to get to them. Ha ha yeah I know, you haven’t borrowed your scouring pads to @Ruzz1 have you? ;)
Ha, not heard the result of his MAF cleaning yet, perhaps he's keeping quiet.

Fitted rear brake pads today, ordered through @BMR 's website, top man once again,
left the old girl in the farm workshop so that engine will be cool tomorrow morning as I attempt to clean MAF sensor without balls in it up, only cleaning out of curiosity it's not given me any problems
Similar style to my own👍......if it ain't broke🔨🔧🔩...fix it till it is😂😂

Well my MAF sensor cleaning went well,,😖😡,,
bloody thing was spotless looks like brand new,but I dropped a screw into the bowels of the engine bay,
Luckily I have a endoscop, fixed it to the end of a fishing rod, still took about half an hour to find and retrieve,,all good in the end,IMG_20190929_110311.jpgIMG_20190929_105940.jpg

Last edited:
Back