• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

i washed the million bugs off the front🦟🐝🦗🐞 after my week in cornwall i can now read the number plate :rolleyes: just need to wash and polish tomorrow:rolleyes: the grand didn't miss a beat :cool: it did drink a lot of cornish petrol but it was on holiday and i did hit the syder 🥳 so there is no excuse🤣 the grand did suffer two minor dings :mad: one to the front passenger corner :sob: but mainly scraped my stick on tearaway chrome ;)and one on the rear drivers side bumper:mad: as it dragged its arse out of a pub carpark on a steep hill:sob: hope to get that sorted

Cleaned and re-seated some bits that @Elementian and @Crazycraig took off for me... more to follow

View attachment 23112

I did the same (re-threadlocked flap screws) for Dave W the other day during when I was converting his Elgrand to LPG. Good time to do it (and change plugs etc) during LPG conversion because that lot has to come off to install the LPG system anyway.

Yesterday I finished replacing the OSF wheel bearing on my own 4wd E51 Elgrand (started the evening of the day before)... Even more of a pita changing it than I remembered from changing the NSF bearing. Just a couple of weeks ago I changed the NSR wheel bearing, so now I've changed 3 of the 4 wheel bearings since I've owned my Elgrand. I'll probably change the remaining (OSR) wheel bearing as a preventative measure soon.

Also yesterday I changed the spark plugs for a forum member who's Elgrand I converted last year
Week just gone I converted Dave W's Elgrand to LPG including fitting a gas vapour take-off (it's going to be converted to a camper on the IOW).

2 Elgrands to convert to LPG next week, week after that a Jag and an Elgrand, week after that an Elgrand and an 8.1L V8 American RV (I've converted 2 RVs for the same bloke before, last one had a V10 engine).

Last edited:
Power door failed the other day..spent an hour today checking fuses, pulling off door card to check wiring etc. Gave up and started sorting my internal light switches out.. Did you know there was an on/ off switch under the dash for the power door??? 😬 Must have accidentally hit it 😩

Power door failed the other day..spent an hour today checking fuses, pulling off door card to check wiring etc. Gave up and started sorting my internal light switches out.. Did you know there was an on/ off switch under the dash for the power door??? 😬 Must have accidentally hit it 😩
Yeh we knew lol!

A big sigh of relief I bet, I hope that's not brake cleaner you're using there. Can we have a full 'How To' please?

Yup, really glad it's been done, couldn't believe how much gunk was cleaned from the swirl flaps, manifold and throttle body but all done now, another few jobs ticked off by @Elementian and @Crazycraig, cheers boys. I'll post a write up tomorrow on my thread about the swirl flaps and the other stuff too :)

filled up with 99ron petrol today at the one of only two gas stations that have it round here, feckin 92 quid !!!

She's like a mistress, needs more dosh than my missus to keep happy...

8.1L V8 American RV (I've converted 2 RVs for the same bloke before, last one had a V10 engine
I bet they're quite a job!

Out of interest, was the V10 a Ford Triton, I'm told they are sluggish, lack torque and even considered a gas guzzler in the States. Be great to hear if the owner has driven the 8.1 much before conversion (assume Chevy V8 Vortec) and how he thinks the 2 compare.

filled up with 99ron petrol today at the one of only two gas stations that have it round here, feckin 92 quid !!!

She's like a mistress, needs more dosh than my missus to keep happy...
Told it works that way, Ellie is the other ‘woman’ and she gets more time, care, attention and money spent on her. So make sure you spoil the missis sometimes and keep everyone happy 😜

Finished the other side. Interestingly the wear indicator tang was still in place but not touching the disc even though the pads were very worn, so if you hear the tang squealing then change your pads pronto. I chose white because as we all know, white is the fastest colour, so more white means more speed.

Finished the other side. Interestingly the wear indicator tang was still in place but not touching the disc even though the pads were very worn, so if you hear the tang squealing then change your pads pronto. I chose white because as we all know, white is the fastest colour, so more white means more speed.

View attachment 23125

Having been out in another forum members Elgrand yesterday, I can confirm we are all wrong, his ‘Blue’ van is definitely the fastest...

A bit more paint correction for me today. Really happy with the results, managed to pretty much fully remove a few scratches and scuffs that I thought wouldn't go.

I still need to replace the drivers side slide door due to a previous poor paint repair, just in the process of getting hold of a door, as that is going to be cheaper than a respray.

What's the best site to host pics now as I see tiny pic is no more?

Back