• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Well today was gonna be a good day or a bad day, sadly it turned out to be a bad day.. Took bus in for an MOT and it failed, worst failure I've had on any car in 30 years . Feeling a bit low
View attachment 22697
Ah bugger, sorry to see this, Cliff. What are you thinking? Getting a quote for the work and taking it from there?

Could be a lot worse then.
Yeah I guess, was just a bit of a shock I thought everything was ok,I mean it's got cosmetic issues but I thought the underneath was solid, some dick of a previous owner has squirted expanding foam in the sill and painted over it, so that's gotta come out somehow before welding can start

Yeah I guess, was just a bit of a shock I thought everything was ok,I mean it's got cosmetic issues but I thought the underneath was solid, some dick of a previous owner has squirted expanding foam in the sill and painted over it, so that's gotta come out somehow before welding can start
Ouch, yeah a major shock then I bet. So many dicks out there these days :(
At least your mate can sort it so you know you're not getting ripped off too.

Unfortunately welding is one of the rare things I've never done, got a friend at a garage says he'll do both complete inner sills for £350
Sorry to read this cliff
Sounds a decent price for the work involved and at least you will know it’s right.

Nothing worse than a fail but sounds a reasonable price for the welding mate. Recently had an unexpected bill on mine as well. Chin up @Cliff goodwin
It's good to know it's a a good price, I've never had to deal with welding before, thanks

If it makes you feel any better cliff mine has its MOT due within next couple weeks and I've had to have 4 new tyres and pads... Tomorrow its going in for new front shocks, new heavy duty drop links and I also suspect I'm gonna need a new wheel bearing as its making a noise and been told there's slight play in my tie rod...

Expensive month all round 🤔😭😂😂😂

If it makes you feel any better cliff mine has its MOT due within next couple weeks and I've had to have 4 new tyres and pads... Tomorrow its going in for new front shocks, new heavy duty drop links and I also suspect I'm gonna need a new wheel bearing as its making a noise and been told there's slight play in my tie rod...

Expensive month all round 🤔😭😂😂😂
It doesn't make me feel any better, but that's a lotta money you're spending there, I keep telling myself it's worth it..I'm also restoring an e50 rider and this has just eaten in to the budget for that, but hey ho back to saving up again,

It doesn't make me feel any better, but that's a lotta money you're spending there, I keep telling myself it's worth it..I'm also restoring an e50 rider and this has just eaten in to the budget for that, but hey ho back to saving up again,
Thing is once it's done Cliff you KNOW you have a solid car. Then you can relax.

Back