• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

I appear to be on the main bombing run for the bird community . Spent some time getting rid of bird crap off the van .
Also ….starting the remove the Japanese stickers from the windows .

Pretty 'cuffed' in that I filled/topped up the Elgrand with Momentum in the morning, coming back with the dog and got 22.8mpg lol Makes a change from the 18mpg.
I'd been doing some more 'runs' to the Brecon Beacons from me, about 21 miles each way, mostly highway, plodding around at 50mph and not loads of inputs like junctions, traffic, roundabouts etc and of course the temperature isn't 6-7-8 degrees C anymore.

drove mine to pompey then started to spray the buggy nearly shit a brick when the sprayer started playing up it kept loosing preasure had a leak in the water catcher got the silver and the pearl on today all day tomorrow to do the candy also got some fast hardener touch dry in ten mins

Quick question...do campsites allow separate tents/gazebo/awnings?

I always got the impression no...unless there's a charge for it.
Officially, this place charges extra to stick a gazebo or event shelter on your pitch. In reality, if you're within the allocated pitch markings I don't think they give a monkeys. Can't say it would be the same everywhere, but this place is pretty relaxed.

drove mine to pompey then started to spray the buggy nearly shit a brick when the sprayer started playing up it kept loosing preasure had a leak in the water catcher got the silver and the pearl on today all day tomorrow to do the candy also got some fast hardener touch dry in ten mins
Good luck, hope it all goes well with no mishaps this time. Looking forward to seeing the finished photos. :)

just beat the weather before it wrecked the tent one small scratch and a couple of runs so im happy im NOT doing it again looking good hope to have the body on by tuesday engine and dash will have to wait until later just want to drive it for a bit

Yesterday did the passenger lower front wishbone, it was so simple, only an hour, decided to do gearbox oil to fill in time, glad I did, quite dark for 2 years old, for some reason the dipstick tells lies, it was looking great (nice colour) had this the he last time.

Today me and my mate took the middle seats out and created a bed with under storage.
Version 1 is the test, version two will come after our holiday testing it out as we will modulise it so it can be a single or double.

Today me and my mate took the middle seats out and created a bed with under storage.
Version 1 is the test, version two will come after our holiday testing it out as we will modulise it so it can be a single or double.

Photos?

Spent yesterday getting Ed sorted for our trip to Wales to meet friends next week. Went out this morning to check something, went to start him up, ignition barrel solid, feck, tried all the steering wheel moves, took the key out of the fob, couldn't get it to fit. Then went into curse and banging the steering wheel mode. Back of the brain remembering there had been posts about this very issue in the past. That's why I'm on-line, Khal says "whats wrong" !! (kin 'ell thinks me). Told her, so she says "why are your Merc keys on the table", I was engrossed on-line, "no they are Ed's keys".

I looked and my heart sank, I must have left Ed unlocked all-night and somehow took the Merc keys (also keyless ignition), absent minded hear an open click and the rest is history, of course Ed started with the right keys. Khal's parting word as she left to go out "so Mr security is all, you left the van open all night", I worry about you"!!.....Fecking hell, So do I!!!

By the way we had a modified Campal fit done on Saturday, will post some photo's when we set up next week.

Went out for a spin up towards Cockermouth and was joined by another white E51! A little convoy for a while. Tried to get them to pull over for a chat, but no. Oh well.

I then saw this in my rear view mirror...

20240527_104411.jpg

I thought at first he was driving with a red screen across the windscreen, but it must have been a red tint. Completely red! I couldn't see the driver at all!

Went out for a spin up towards Cockermouth and was joined by another white E51! A little convoy for a while. Tried to get them to pull over for a chat, but no. Oh well.

I then saw this in my rear view mirror...

View attachment 102768

I thought at first he was driving with a red screen across the windscreen, but it must have been a red tint. Completely red! I couldn't see the driver at all!

Ye seen quite a few, it's a front window tint, unsure if you had an accident at night, how the insurance company would handle it ( a guess would be na chance)

Back