• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Where do you put that temporary container?

It was placed in the left by the lower light fitting, I took the sunroof drain pipe out of its location and put it in the container to see how much water actually passes. I was very shocked to see the amount of water collected for one night of rain!

It was placed in the left by the lower light fitting, I took the sunroof drain pipe out of its location and put it in the container to see how much water actually passes. I was very shocked to see the amount of water collected for one night of rain!
That was certainly a lot that went down the pipe and your headlining still got wet!

Do you think seals got anything to do with it?
I say that as my silver drain rails are typically totally dry, maybe a single drop, and if I poke my head more to the back of them, beyond which a rag could reach, they look dusty, but in a way that like nothing's been there for ages? The 'dust' is bone dry too.
It just makes me think I'd see more than that/more evidence if the amount you collected passes?

Last edited:
Do you think seals got anything to do with it?
I say that as my silver drain rails are typically totally dry, maybe a single drop, and if I poke my head more to the back of them, beyond which a rag could reach, they look dusty, but in a way that like nothing's been there for ages? The 'dust' is bone dry too.
It just makes me think I'd see more than that/more evidence if the amount you collected passes?

Had the Elgrand since 2016 and never had any problems till now, so Im 99% sure its not the seal buddy.
Still waiting for some new dense foam that @dognero Andy kindly sent me to see if that helps, he sent it over 2 weeks ago from the UK which is crazy, what a great postal service! :rolleyes:

Had the Elgrand since 2016 and never had any problems till now, so Im 99% sure its not the seal buddy.
Still waiting for some new dense foam that @dognero Andy kindly sent me to see if that helps, he sent it over 2 weeks ago from the UK which is crazy, what a great postal service! :rolleyes:
Hope it works out for you. Really frustrating.
Not wanting to turn it into a sunroof thread, but did you used to do maintenance/care from 2016.
Sounds mad but I look up on mine a couple of times a day and get any bits off. Do gummi fpledge on the seals about once a month, six weeks. If I'm in and it's stopped raining, I dab the front corners where it pools, to stop it sitting there for eons. Don't park under anything like trees. Wash it regularly, and if it's dusty/not rained for a while, spot wash the sunroofs (just did that actually!). Use them often, too. Check in the rails/front cassette every couple of weeks.
I'm hoping that lot keeps the bad guys at bay!

Today I took the Elgrand out for a 50 mile drive, as usual it drove perfectly. Today for the first time in 19 months of ownership I achieved my best ever average mpg.

IMG_3893.jpg

If my calculations are right: 1 imperial gallon = 4.54609 ltrs x 8.9 km/l = 40.460201 kpg = 25.1408033335 mpg
I am quite happy with that. :) I didn't buy it for economy, I don't think any of us did.

What is the best figure anyone has managed to get on their screen?

I've had 5.3 a couple of times but it's usually nearer 4.2.
4.2 is about 18mpg but when I do a 'full to full' check I usually manage about 16mpg.
I'm on lpg most of the time and that's less efficient than petrol. It's only about half the price of petrol (76p a litre) so I don't mind.
Mine's a 4wd camper so there's a bit of extra weight to take into consideration too.

Last edited:
Today I took the Elgrand out for a 50 mile drive, as usual it drove perfectly. Today for the first time in 19 months of ownership I achieved my best ever average mpg.

View attachment 100810

If my calculations are right: 1 imperial gallon = 4.54609 ltrs x 8.9 km/l = 40.460201 kpg = 25.1408033335 mpg
I am quite happy with that. :) I didn't buy it for economy, I don't think any of us did.

What is the best figure anyone has managed to get on their screen?
Awesome.
I double checked your calculations via another method (I'm a maths guy lol) and they are correct :)

I've had 5.3 a couple of times but it's usually nearer 4.2.
4.2 is about 18mpg but when I do a 'full to full' check I usually manage about 16mpg.
I'm on lpg most of the time and that's less efficient than petrol. It's only about half the price of petrol (76p a litre) so I don't mind.
Mine's a 4wd camper so there's a bit of extra weight to take into consideration too.
I would think that is down to the extra weight, the camper gear must weigh more than the seats, even though they are heavy. As you mention with your lpg being cheaper that's a bonus.

Awesome.
I double checked your calculations via another method (I'm a maths guy lol) and they are correct :)
Thank you for checking, I am glad I got it right. I think this might be a one off as I was driving very carefully and was in no rush. When I first saw it hit 8.5 it made me want to see just where I could get it to go. If I was doing a really long drive on clear roads, taking it easy, I wonder if I could have hit a magic 10 🤔 Has anyone ever been the there?

Thank you for checking, I am glad I got it right. I think this might be a one off as I was driving very carefully and was in no rush. When I first saw it hit 8.5 it made me want to see just where I could get it to go. If I was doing a really long drive on clear roads, taking it easy, I wonder if I could have hit a magic 10 🤔 Has anyone ever been the there?
My display for km/litre isn't as snazzy as yours. It's just how many KM are left until empty, and a kind of bar showing average KM per Litre.
I do mine after each fill (maths wise with a calculator and the receipt) and I get about 7km per litre, about 20mpg

Ive had 10 on mid/long runs, 3.5 4wd

Back