• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Got 2 new front tyres, due to excessive wear on outer edges. Then got tracking done and all 4 balanced. First tyre place couldn’t get the old tyres off as the wheels are split rim and didn’t have a recess on the inside of the rim as per usual alloys. Speedys wheels in Walsall did the job no problem, the recess is on the inside half of the rim, just needed to turn the wheels upside down on the tyre fitting machine, doh! We live and learn eh? Just need to polish the wheels at some point when the weather improves.

That is quite a wanky colourway, actually makes that that calf-shit beige a nice hilight. I have one of the many black riders with full beige leather/plastic interior, I’ll never understand it and it’ll never fit well with me but it’s well down the list of things to do.

I’d have been pretty stoked with espresso though, classy.

That is quite a wanky colourway, actually makes that that calf-shit beige a nice hilight. I have one of the many black riders with full beige leather/plastic interior, I’ll never understand it and it’ll never fit well with me but it’s well down the list of things to do.

I’d have been pretty stoked with espresso though, classy.
I can’t work out if this was a compliment or an insult…? “Wanky colourway” 🤪

Took the dog for a spin in the Elgrand up to Bryn Bach Park, Tredegar.

I've been putting her in the passenger seat of late, on a dog cover of course. I thought it might be good as then I give the sliding doors less use. They are, touch wood, working fine, but less work for them can hopefully only be a good thing.

1713275300526.png When I got back I saw a neighbour who lives down the bottom of the street who I knew sold his Transporter last year (I don't see the guy that much, and me and his Mrs had an argument about 5 years ago, and despite it being 5 years go 'she will never forget', so I couldn't have asked her, but the husband's fine. We even laughed about the argument I had with his Mrs actually :) ). Anyway, they had it 7 years, and 'lost' £500 in the sale. A £500 depreciation in 7 years! Transporters do have their advantages!

Last edited:
just made another table, this one is smaller and lower than the other one, its to sit between the middle seats.

Attachments

• 20240416_191251.jpg
    20240416_191251.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 17
Just sent an enquiry away for a full set of Tein Flex Z with EDFC ACTIVE PRO and a gps module.
See what they come back with.
Don't want to lower the Elgrand so if I do get them they will be set at the highest setting. (-6mm front and -34mm rear)
I know it sounds daft spending all that money for the same ride height but the handling will be better and I can control the stiffness when towing the caravan.
I had the older edfc on the Rider and it was great.

Checked my sunroof which has been behaving itself for the past week with no leaks... but then today I checked after horrific weather last night and found a huge amount of water collected via the left sunroof drain into my temporary container and then saw the wet patch again on the headlining!! :mad: Im wondering whether the pipe is running back into the van as every time (without sounding rude) when I suck on the pipe there always seems to be water still present. Not sure whether this makes sense what Ive written, Im not having a good day today! :rolleyes:

IMG_9992.jpg

After hair drying the area.

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

Checked my sunroof which has been behaving itself for the past week with no leaks... but then today I checked after horrific weather last night and found a huge amount of water collected via the left sunroof drain into my temporary container and then saw the wet patch again on the headlining!! :mad: Im wondering whether the pipe is running back into the van as every time (without sounding rude) when I suck on the pipe there always seems to be water still present. Not sure whether this makes sense what Ive written, Im not having a good day today! :rolleyes:

View attachment 100745

After hair drying the area.

View attachment 100747

View attachment 100746
Where do you put that temporary container?

After working my nuts off cleaning the Floozie for three days I needed a day of rest, so SWMBO decided that I needed to take the curtain rail down and fix it because it has been sticking when she pulls the cord to open/close the curtains.
Then I got an email about fitting my EV charger. Apart from asking who my leccy supplier is and a few other things they wanted eight photo's, a diagram, a video and a detailed list of any problems that I could forsee to help the installer. They also wanted to know when was the last time I farted and where the stink went.

Back