• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

More of a "week" than "today".
My sister in law has been back in the UK for the first time in 8 years since moving to Canada.
In the last week Magnu has been to Newcastle airport twice, South Shields twice, Durham twice and has been the vehicle of choice for getting around.
To facilitate this she's been in limo mode with the middle seats facing the rear ones. Biggest load was 4 adults and 2 dogs in the back.

IMG_20230321_140413_copy_1600x1200.jpg
IMG_20230321_140247_copy_1600x1200.jpg

I've gone through roughly 70 litres of LPG and have had a whale of a time being the chauffeur.

The downside to all this is that Magnu is filthy, today would have been a good cleaning day but I put my back out yesterday picking up a dog toy.
IMG_20230321_140517_copy_1600x1200.jpgIMG_20230321_140543_copy_1600x1200.jpg
IMG_20230321_140604_copy_1600x1200.jpg
Sadly the near side passenger step has developed a small split which will need an eye keeping on it
IMG_20230321_140456_copy_1600x1200_20230321152347318.jpg

More of a "week" than "today".
My sister in law has been back in the UK for the first time in 8 years since moving to Canada.
In the last week Magnu has been to Newcastle airport twice, South Shields twice, Durham twice and has been the vehicle of choice for getting around.
To facilitate this she's been in limo mode with the middle seats facing the rear ones. Biggest load was 4 adults and 2 dogs in the back.

View attachment 86745
View attachment 86746

I've gone through roughly 70 litres of LPG and have had a whale of a time being the chauffeur.

The downside to all this is that Magnu is filthy, today would have been a good cleaning day but I put my back out yesterday picking up a dog toy.
View attachment 86747View attachment 86748
View attachment 86749
Sadly the near side passenger step has developed a small split which will need an eye keeping on it
View attachment 86750
I hate those black lines that come from the window rubbers, mine does it too.

774EFDC4-23C7-4B5D-9FB1-A755C39D1E93.jpeg

I have tonight put a battery charger on as the battery is flat. Been parked up since October. Presently SORNed. Taxing it from April 1st. New tyres ordered - getting oil change and new brake pads (via BMR) done later that week.

Sunday had the battery out and connected the charger on pulse and repair mode then back in Monday night all seems good. Tonight I had to take out the bulb from fog light as it's white and needs to be red for the MOT. Hadn't changed a rear one since my VW caddy where you had to take the rear light off. Quick search on here and found a thread explaining how to take them out. Bumper off, access panel out some excruciating positions unwinding nuts with a cheap 10mm spanner my wife's Grandma won at bingo. Wiggling the light casing off and hey presto I still wasn't in. Scroll down three replies to see I didn't need to do any of that and you can just access them at the back and with a quarter twist it was out! One hour spent on a twenty second job 🤦 On the bright side I now know how to fully strip down and reassemble an Elgrand! Side note... my wife didn't see the funny side.

Sunday had the battery out and connected the charger on pulse and repair mode then back in Monday night all seems good. Tonight I had to take out the bulb from fog light as it's white and needs to be red for the MOT. Hadn't changed a rear one since my VW caddy where you had to take the rear light off. Quick search on here and found a thread explaining how to take them out. Bumper off, access panel out some excruciating positions unwinding nuts with a cheap 10mm spanner my wife's Grandma won at bingo. Wiggling the light casing off and hey presto I still wasn't in. Scroll down three replies to see I didn't need to do any of that and you can just access them at the back and with a quarter twist it was out! One hour spent on a twenty second job 🤦 On the bright side I now know how to fully strip down and reassemble an Elgrand! Side note... my wife didn't see the funny side.
At least now you know you only need the bumper off to “remove” the cluster
Bloody good practice though

First all-day outing since picking up my new van a couple weeks ago.
First cup of tea, very happy.
Def have a list to check for the people who converted it... after a thorough go over,

but more importantly had a digital detox break form the screen, went for a long walk in nature and read an actual paper book.

ll is right with the world.

Attachments

• van 2.jpg
    van 2.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 2
Back