• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Finished the latest Camper… this time with both front swivel seats done the @AlanM way… and of course, with my own design sliding R&R & side units View attachment 60511View attachment 60512View attachment 60513View attachment 60514View attachment 60515
@Winchester this looks really nice and that custom R&R bed using the existing rails is neat 👌 Im just curious how you got AlanMs method to work on the drivers side, the width of seat rails is different to the passengers side, so a little more snug for space it would seem? I assume you shifted the rails left of the floor anchors and relocated the seat rightwards on the rails to make it work? Have you got any pics or words of wisdom for a punter to make this mod 🤞

@Winchester this looks really nice and that custom R&R bed using the existing rails is neat 👌 Im just curious how you got AlanMs method to work on the drivers side, the width of seat rails is different to the passengers side, so a little more snug for space it would seem? I assume you shifted the rails left of the floor anchors and relocated the seat rightwards on the rails to make it work? Have you got any pics or words of wisdom for a punter to make this mod 🤞
Yes, from memory you have to move the inner rail towards the door rail and fabricate new floor fixings.

Thought I'd get this topic underway :)

It's quite popular on many car forums and is a nice way of highlighting something new you've done with your Elgrand be it a modification, a repair, general maintenance or just took her out for a great drive :)

Just add to the thread as and when.

Who will start us off? :)
Took mine for its first proper run since ownership, Sandhurst to Colchester, it held up ok 👌

Yes, from memory you have to move the inner rail towards the door rail and fabricate new floor fixings.
That's great thanks @Winchester I appreciate it was a while ago So thanks for replying. Just curious if you have any photos of fabrication stage or even closer up pics of it completed?

Fitted a pivot 3drive AC (Throttle/cruise control) on my 04 XL, if anyone is thinking of doing the same with a new or used unit from Japan.

I used throttle harness TH-3A

Brake harness BR-3

and to connect to the OP connector for the speed connection

The brake switch plug was a bit tricky to unlatch but other than that its pretty straightforward, with the 3 connectors listed above it makes it 90% plug and play once trim removed. Some E51 will need BR-4 harness according to the pivot website

Was actually yesterday jobs on the white Elgrand....
• Changed my K&N filter for the silver Elgrands one as it was a lot cleaner!
• Hopefully fixed my annoying rattle from the headlining by supergluing the 3 velcro tabs that had come unstuck!
• Topped up the oil, only slightly down from the last check which was good news!
• Cleaned my rear camper conversion seats as the dog made them grubby! lol
• Worked out I think that the annoying squeak from the rear is the bushes on top of my rear shocks!

IMG_0126.JPGIMG_0127.JPGIMG_0128.JPG

Missed it.
But I know its in good hands.
View attachment 86723
Not mine but working on @dognero 's Elgrand...

Today I removed the wiper mechanism, air filter and ducting, some engine brackets, battery bracket, etc. Ran pipes and wiring under the car to the rear (for future connection to the tank). Removed the standard rear tow point and rear corner brackets, drilled the nearside 'chassis', lifted rear area of carpet, removed rear section of under floor heater ducting, drilled holes through the floor for mounting the tank, painted all holes, loosely fitted towbar chassis mount sections. Temporarily loosely fitted the towbar cross section to measure / mark up for welding the rear LPG filler to it. Removed it to do the welding...

20230320_163450.jpg

20230320_163456.jpg

Welded the lube bracket to the (earlier removed) battery bracket.

Painted up all the welded brackets etc.

Prepped the tank so it's ready for bolting up when I've finished fitting the towbar.

Fitted the pressure reducer in the engine bay. Fitted the switch on the dash.

Not mine but working on @dognero 's Elgrand...

Today I removed the wiper mechanism, air filter and ducting, some engine brackets, battery bracket, etc. Ran pipes and wiring under the car to the rear (for future connection to the tank). Removed the standard rear tow point and rear corner brackets, drilled the nearside 'chassis', lifted rear area of carpet, removed rear section of under floor heater ducting, drilled holes through the floor for mounting the tank, painted all holes, loosely fitted towbar chassis mount sections. Temporarily loosely fitted the towbar cross section to measure / mark up for welding the rear LPG filler to it. Removed it to do the welding...

View attachment 86724

View attachment 86725

Welded the lube bracket to the (earlier removed) battery bracket.

Painted up all the welded brackets etc.

Prepped the tank so it's ready for bolting up when I've finished fitting the towbar.

Fitted the pressure reducer in the engine bay. Fitted the switch on the dash.
Wow you have been busy

Hey Simon @Lpgc , you got any pearl white paint :innocent::innocent::innocent:
No Dave, does your Elgrand need a touch-up?

Edit - Haha I getcha mate :laughing: I'd better check the list of things Andy @dognero has tasked me to do again, see if he wants it painting white...

Back