• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Evening all, I have been on with project wheel transformation. Swapped over to the standard wheels yesterday, removed my 19"s, cleaned , scrubbed, de-greased and took off all the sticky pads that were still on from the weights. Taped em up and painted the barrels black, got on with the base coat and managed to get the metallic/pearl on too. Just need some gloss tomorrow and you will get all of the pics before and after, gonna look mental. Hard to tell how bright they look at the moment as I've literally just walked out of the garage, but i could tell the distinct difference when putting on the met/pearl. Even i cant wait!!!
Hey guys been lazy and not updated this, so here they are, nice and bright, done the calipers too. Still got loads i'm looking at doing but that will follow...

Attachments

• 20220501_130448.jpg
    20220501_130448.jpg
    491 KB · Views: 27
  • 20220501_142558.jpg
    20220501_142558.jpg
    339.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220501_142613.jpg
    20220501_142613.jpg
    491.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20220502_141053.jpg
    20220502_141053.jpg
    401.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220507_155201.jpg
    20220507_155201.jpg
    459.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220508_142813.jpg
    20220508_142813.jpg
    700.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220508_142914.jpg
    20220508_142914.jpg
    400.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 20220508_135655.jpg
    20220508_135655.jpg
    442.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220508_165430.jpg
    20220508_165430.jpg
    272.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 20220508_182736.jpg
    20220508_182736.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 27
Found a thing from the previous owner, View attachment 74070 from my first weeks experience we won't need the right side of the table. 13.9 😳😂
That's in US MPG not Imperial MPG.
British gallons* are bigger so 10l/km in 28.5MPG

*Actually it's the pints that are bigger, but the end result is the same.

That's in US MPG not Imperial MPG.
British gallons* are bigger so 10l/km in 28.5MPG

*Actually it's the pints that are bigger, but the end result is the same.
Unfortunately I worked it out from the litres I put in after topping it up last weekend and the 300.1 km that it did this week. I knew it was going to be bad but wasn't expecting less than 14. Oh well, worth it so far. Unrelated, kidney for sale, used but plenty of life left in it.

Unfortunately I worked it out from the litres I put in after topping it up last weekend and the 300.1 km that it did this week. I knew it was going to be bad but wasn't expecting less than 14. Oh well, worth it so far. Unrelated, kidney for sale, used but plenty of life left in it.
That's pretty awful, I've been approaching 600km per tank by employing some hypermiling tactics such as using small throttle openings and coasting. @Kenzie (Mary Poppins) has done even better.

My first few tanks I struggled to see north of 400km.

That's pretty awful, I've been approaching 600km per tank by employing some hypermiling tactics such as using small throttle openings and coasting. @Kenzie (Mary Poppins) has done even better.

Round town you are screwed whatever your driving style, Motorways are another matter, once up to speed you will see 25mpg or more all day long providing the traffic is moving freely..

Round town you are screwed whatever your driving style, Motorways are another matter, once up to speed you will see 25mpg or more all day long providing the traffic is moving freely..
Very true, my commute is a mix of fast country roads and the motorway. I don't drive around town in my Elgrand if I can help it, use my wife's Mini instead.

So true, I just did a 250 mile round trip along Motorways and the A5, didn't get stuck in traffic and the whole journey cost me £45 ... mind you, I am on LPG :)

Very true, my commute is a mix of fast country roads and the motorway. I don't drive around town in my Elgrand if I can help it, use my wife's Mini instead.
I don't even touch the throttle in power mode when leaving or entering parking spaces, glide toward the junction at tick-over then spoil it for myself and my wallet by beating everyone off the lights 🤣 🤣

Well I'm hoping it will improve a little as we get used to it. Never had an auto before so there is a bit of getting used to that. Also its new and just getting my toe in every now and again is quite hilarious in a bleddy great van. Maybe the novelty will wear off but the man child in me says no.

Right down there is west Cornwall and the Mrs has been using for school runs etc. We don't even have a motorway in the county and most of its work will be through town and slow country lanes, occasional dual carriageway but the worst sort of driving for economy.

Where did you get the little Elgrand from? Want one! :heart:

It came with the car. Its got the sparkly paint and everything. Could only find one for sale, think its this, didnt look hard. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/33443543...LZQ3opAROi&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Your just trying to scare the pigeons off aren’t you @David1972
I’ve come to the conclusion you should be reported to the rspca
Oh, and who’s that with the shiny head lol
Must now admit , I thought this was one of @dognero posts when first read

Last edited:
Back