• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Placed deposit on 2nd June and today I finally took delivery of the new van/bus/toy! Happy Days and well worth the wait...
You don't happen to live in Telford do you and had a delivery from Vine Place?

You don't happen to live in Telford do you and had a delivery from Vine Place?
@SteevieB. Live in Shrewsbury Stephen but Karl had to pick up hire car from Telford for the return leg back to Vine Place. I guess yours was the other white Series 2/3 HWS they were delivering today then? It's like buses, don't see any for months and then two show up at work! Sorry but I didn't really get a good gander at yours was too busy oggling mine... Happy Vanday Stephen, they shouldn't be too much longer now!

@SteevieB. Live in Shrewsbury Stephen but Karl had to pick up hire car from Telford for the return leg back to Vine Place. I guess yours was the other white Series 2/3 HWS they were delivering today then? It's like buses, don't see any for months and then two show up at work! Sorry but I didn't really get a good gander at yours was too busy oggling mine... Happy Vanday Stephen, they shouldn't be too much longer now!
Happy vanday to you too. Hope you enjoy your new toy. Only a couple of hours to go for me now then....

That's y I did all 4 at once lol
I'm having both on the one shaft done. I didn't have time to replace them before yakushi so just had the 2nd hand driveshaft fitted, checked the boots for splits and we're all good but it's gone within 1k miles so must have been ready anyway.

Today I have refitted my Fujitsubo exhaust back box after having the old square tips cut off and new tips welded on.

The new tips are double wall in 304 stainless with a black chrome finish which I have had since before Covid but only now got round to having them fitted.

Pleased with how well the old Fijutsubo box cleaned up and also gave the pipe a few coats of Simoniz silver VHT to tidy it up.

Some pictures of of before and after new tips fitted.
Love em :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

I'm having both on the one shaft done. I didn't have time to replace them before yakushi so just had the 2nd hand driveshaft fitted, checked the boots for splits and we're all good but it's gone within 1k miles so must have been ready anyway.
I had driver outer split so bad it was up the side if the car
So ordered a full set on removing shaft I could seethe inner was a ticking Time bomb and bassinet side wasn't far behind to be onest lol

Fixed my electric windows! Only the drivers side was working, it's been like that since day one I and managed to get £250 off because of it.
I took a guess at it being the "lock" on the Driver's side and for once, I was right!
Got a replacement one from the legend that is @stevemen at Tojo Motors, enquired on Saturday, received and fitted Tuesday.
Great service and a cracking price.

Faulty unit pictured.
doorswitch.jpg

Last edited:
After a nighttime drive realised 2 things. 1 the wee button by front courtesy light niftily switches on the back (living room) light & 2. My steering wheel switches don’t work! Can’t get my head around that one.

After a nighttime drive realised 2 things. 1 the wee button by front courtesy light niftily switches on the back (living room) light & 2. My steering wheel switches don’t work! Can’t get my head around that one.
Are you on the original ICE or an aftermarket head unit? That could be the steering wheel problem

Are you on the original ICE or an aftermarket head unit? That could be the steering wheel problem
All Original. Still got 4 cats. Arrived in Uk this year. I’m pretty good at Japanese now lol. Just wondering if the switches need to be synched to brain.

Front courtesy lights are push to activate and do you have the original sterio if still on original you may have volume up and down belive the rest are phone without checking

Front courtesy lights are push to activate and do you have the original sterio if still on original you may have volume up and down belive the rest are phone without checking
Phone and radio, only the volume controls work on mine

Mine has the phone buttons, but as well as [volume]; [skip next] and [mode] do "work" with an aftermarket stereo. [mode] appears to just turn the stereo off, which I think is what the button does in vans without the phone kit.

The signals are routed via the BCM which intercepts the [phone] and [voice] buttons before they reach the stereo.

Got one! Boom! (Photo courtesy of Dave at Vine Place as I live so far from them that it was delivered in the dark last night).

First trip out with little'un and a flask of hot chocolate was a roaring success last night, although he is going to kill the battery opening and closing the sliding door constantly.

IMG_8316.JPG

Got one! Boom! (Photo courtesy of Dave at Vine Place as I live so far from them that it was delivered in the dark last night).

First trip out with little'un and a flask of hot chocolate was a roaring success last night, although he is going to kill the battery opening and closing the sliding door constantly.

View attachment 65657
There's a switch by your left knee to turn off the door if he can't leave it alone.

Phone and radio, only the volume controls work on mine
Buttons are dead. Nothing changes. I had a look at the plugs when I fitted cruise control but wasn’t sure which was which and I didn’t fancy unplugging the wrong one and getting a face-full of airbag. Lol

Back