• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

What have you done to your Elgrand today?

Julian was this for the rear drop links or fronts?
Im very concerned about trying to undo my rear drop link NUTS as they've been on the car by the looks of it for 21 years!! lol
- Regular application of penetrating oil while you're waiting for good weather

- breaker bar

- impact wrench (I bought a mains powered one - cheaper and avoids battery dying through lack of use)

- Blow torch until hot. Penetrating oil once cool. Repeat. Don't set yourself on fire by spraying very hot things or having the flame on lots of oil.

- Heating until the bastard glows red is always an option...

- Angle grinder. You WILL lose fingers or eyesight at some point... Terrifyingly fun up to that point though...

When I'm rich, I'll spend £££ on one of those fancy induction bolt heater things, though I'm aware that some of them are expensive crap...

One of these will work, if it doesn't kill you first. Hope that helps 👍

B*gger been using WD40!
Might have to get hold of some penetrating oil then!
When I was a lad, you could buy a special penetrating oil in a can, not a spray, it had a spout like 3 in 1 comes in. It Was very thin, must be able to still get it somewhere.

The best stuff I’ve used is called Momar
Miracle tool let it soak in and you would think it was a miracle .
Not sure how readily available it is was rep that used to come to our work and supplied it am sure it’s an American company .

A little tip with nuts and bolts prone to corrosion is when reassembling add some threadlock compound. It may seem counterintuitive but it keeps moisture out prevents the threads from rusting together.

Battery for the rear camper arrived today which is fantastic but I am a little confused as I can see some moisture by the vent holes.
I thought AGM batteries and this one in question was meant to be sealed and not possible to leak!
If anyone can reassure me that this battery is safe before I fit it I would be most grateful!

https://www.amazon.nl/dp/B097DRVYPV?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

IMG_7953.JPGIMG_7961.JPGIMG_7958.JPG

got this made off a e50 facebook page , got just in place to let the heat take creases out and get it to lie perfectly flat , will fit properly with some velcro on weekend but happy how it looks , top job for a decent price

6B5E6ED0-8340-4D88-9D28-F4F9A2737CE9.jpegDF005C13-AE80-4E6B-8440-8D254DB41EF5.jpeg7B0C14BF-F4E9-46C1-839C-592986D3F894.jpeg

Fitted the rear battery for the conversion and not everything is working! :confused:
I'll explain in my 'Medical Spanish Trip' thread rather than here but I might need some help!

What an evening!!!

Two rear doors inc inners
Bonnet
Nismo rear spoilers
Boot inner

Then taped the shell up ready for final blast of priming tomoz.

Tucked up for bed now

Attachments

• IMG_7241.jpeg
    IMG_7241.jpeg
    494.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_7243.jpeg
    IMG_7243.jpeg
    435.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7242.jpeg
    IMG_7242.jpeg
    417.5 KB · Views: 20
  • E00811DB-6163-46FF-8CB0-7CA0214F9F69.jpeg
    E00811DB-6163-46FF-8CB0-7CA0214F9F69.jpeg
    384.7 KB · Views: 21
Took it for a drive and did a quick speed test 0 to 62 mph quite happy with 7.9 seconds.
I do have a Impul ECU and full stainless steel exhaust with sport cats my pipe diameters are front 50 mm to the single pipe which is 60 mm.
IMG_20230706_165038.jpg

Nice. But how are you going to recover it from the bottom of the cliff?

Back