• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

South East Waning Winter Wight Weekend - 1st March

We could all crash at your house cliff,

If it blossoms into something more pulchritudinous then all the better.
A thesaurus for Christmas Andrew?

im in for just a day trip mrs wont camp and she wont do b/b if she can see our house :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Looking at venues, The Haven Street railway seems to have a good size free car park, toilets and refreshments and looks like they are open on 1st March.

Edit: Have checked with Haven Street Railway and they don't open until March 22nd so it won't be there.

Last edited:
Looking at Wightlink from Portsmouth it'll be roughly £60 for a return fare without any discounts.

So, I've been doing a bit of research for a venue and happened upon The Garlic Farm Cafe, has free parking, open 7 Days, dog friendly, food, toilets, the lot. What's not to like (unless you don't like the smell of Garlic). You can even stay overnight if you wish.

I will make contact to confirm our presence would be welcome.

thats a different price to the one i saw at 38 quid as i said the other day just put one fucking price up 😤😤

I don't think accommodation is available on that weekend but that's what the van I for I guess

I've received a reply from The Garlic Farm who would be delighted to host the meeting so it looks like game on.

thats a different price to the one i saw at 38 quid as i said the other day just put one fucking price up 😤😤
It's a crazy lottery, different prices from different agents and booking direct is no better. Don't know how they get away with it.

Ran this pass the wife and she is up for it.. it’s my birthday on the 3rd March so could be my birthday weekend away ..

Most excellent.

I don't think accommodation is available on that weekend but that's what the van I for I guess
Waiting for a reply re accommodation, there's a Premier Inn at Newport also.

There's a Travelodge in Ryde and lots of hotels and b&b in Ryde too, I always find redfunnel to be cheaper and they're the ones we get the discount codes for

We now have a reservation for breakfast at 10.30am. Accommodation wise the Yurts seem to be fully booked or not currently in use, the cheapest stay on the web site booking page is 3 nights in The Farmhouse Cottage from Friday to Monday at £270 so unless you are treating yourself to a weekend away you'll need to look elsewhere, or you could try to do a deal by contacting melanie@thegarlicfarm.co.uk who runs the accommodation.

Last edited:
Just thought I'd update that I won't come to this one.

Just checked red funnel £31.50 each way Travelodge £34.50 sorted

At the moment I have red funnel discount codes of £39 day return, £49 for 1 night return and 20% off 2 night or more, they expire funnily enough on 1st march so travel has to be booked and completed by midnight that day

Back