• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

"Tractor" diary. Elgrand from Siberia. E50.

Yes, yes .. The second layer. I had to go and buy a sheet of metal 2mm. Tomorrow I will cut and make the fender liner again.
Good work look forward to seeing updates wish I took photos of my rails when I did them

Notes from the garage. 2nd day of the war with beavers. As it turned out, the load-bearing elements that attach the body to the frame rotted. The inner arch also rotted. Made new elements, a new inner arch. Tomorrow I plan to finish the internal work, cover with acid soil and seam sealant, cover with bituminous mastic on top. I plan to fill in the used engine oil in the internal cavities of the arches and sills. I will also make holes for filling oil and draining.

Another day in the garage. Painted seam sealant. Welded the rear arch to the inner arch. Began to dismantle the threshold and the driver's step. Lots of rot and rust. All cut out. Tomorrow I will make the load-bearing elements of the steps and thresholds.

Great work boris your getting on well with it

I do enjoy your β€œ just get on with it attitude β€œ.. most people don’t have your skills but where you are in the world you just have to learn fast … the tractor will have many more years of life thanks to your dedication..im learning to mig weld , my arc welding needs to be refined also …

I do enjoy your β€œ just get on with it attitude β€œ.. most people don’t have your skills but where you are in the world you just have to learn fast … the tractor will have many more years of life thanks to your dedication..im learning to mig weld , my arc welding needs to be refined also …
Thank you) I don’t have any special skills, I’m in the process of obtaining these skills) there is still a lot of work, I hope it will justify itself and there will be enough tractor, at least for another 5 years)

Thank you) I don’t have any special skills, I’m in the process of obtaining these skills) there is still a lot of work, I hope it will justify itself and there will be enough tractor, at least for another 5 years
You have skills , don’t underestimate yourself .. you fix things that’s a skill on its own …. I tend to break things then learn not to , trial n error … but at least I have go .. πŸ˜€

Wow great work Boris.
She will last another 10 years

Thank you) I don’t have any special skills, I’m in the process of obtaining these skills) there is still a lot of work, I hope it will justify itself and there will be enough tractor, at least for another 5 years)
Great job BorisπŸ‘ hopefully your work will keep your tractor on the road for many more years🀞was the wheel arch a new bought part or did you fabricate it yourself? If ever mine needs such amount of repair I will be tempted to make up some big arches so I can fit bigger wheels and tyresπŸ˜‰πŸšπŸšπŸšœπŸšœ

Great job BorisπŸ‘ hopefully your work will keep your tractor on the road for many more years🀞was the wheel arch a new bought part or did you fabricate it yourself? If ever mine needs such amount of repair I will be tempted to make up some big arches so I can fit bigger wheels and tyresπŸ˜‰πŸšπŸšπŸšœπŸšœ
I bought homemade arches and sills. I did the body bends on the arches. Large arches will not allow you to put big wheels. You have to lift.)

I bought homemade arches and sills. I did the body bends on the arches. Large arches will not allow you to put big wheels. You have to lift.)
Already got big wheels and wheel spacers πŸ˜‰πŸ‘really want bigger tyres,and possibly liftπŸ‘

Already got big wheels and wheel spacers πŸ˜‰πŸ‘really want bigger tyres,and possibly liftπŸ‘
I have 16 rims. Tire size 245.70. I have an 8cm lift. Behind the frame is made. Ahead, 8cm supplies are installed under the subframe, under the engine mounts and under the front shock absorbers) I can put larger wheels but that's enough for me.))

Hello) yesterday I didn’t work for long, because I got an injury to my little finger with a grinder)) today I went to work. Vacation is over. Now I will repair the tractor in the evenings after work. Today I replaced the load-bearing element of the step.

Back