• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

South West South West area owners. Please respond.

S

Spannerdemon

Ok guys. Time we all got our thinking caps on, and fixed up another meet.

Like last time, we need to find somewhere reasonably central, and bear in mind that holiday traffic for the next couple of months will be evil :devil:

This time, will you all input a suggested location. I did it last time., but would like YOUR ideas this time round.

Let's get some kind of ball rolling. Obviously open to ALL members, wherever you are.

Hope to hear from you. Keith

Re: Next South West Area Meet Planning.

In my experience, having one person set a location is better received than an open invite.
See who suggests what, but after a week or so, just set one. Then everyone knows what the plan is and the goalposts don't move :thumbup:

That's probably what will happen Karl, but I said to everyone who attended at the last meet, if anyone else wanted to suggest a place and get something organised, then I am fine with it. I'm just a normal member who is keen to keep the ball rolling down here for the club, and build the membership and knowledge base.

I'll keep tabs on it, and get something sorted if nobody else does.

Fancy a run down? :mrgreen:

Take care mate. Keith.

I do fancy a run down, but unfortunately at the moment funds won't allow me to get that far south! Maybe next year mate, I'll be down ;)

Cheers Karl. I'll put the beer on ice till next year!! You will be very welcome. :)

Keith

Karl,
Get trailered down by the AA - cheap one way travel plan. Doubles MPG for the trip

Keith
I'm up for any meet - preferably outside the rugby season.

For starters how about a meet at http://www.haynesmotormuseum.com/events/2443-9700/haynes-breakfast-club.php for breakfast (good central location close to major road) and then move on somewhere else for afternoon, finishing somewhere for a BBQ on a beach - sunset etc?

searching for more ideas - maybe some of the Zummerzet members could add local knowledge.

Haynes Motor Museum has been suggested previously, and was a back up for the last meet if the weather had gone bad.... which it didn't. So yes it would be an interesting meeting place.

Breakfast might be a push for some members who live some distance away though.

Keep the ideas coming......Its too quiet in here guys........ Where are you? :clap2: :clap2:

Thanks Barney.

The idea of meeting for breakfast would still be a good idea. Even if it's just the local members that get there for breakfast, as long as there is a fixed time and place for the next meeting area, then those who are travelling from further afield will be able to join in then.

Loving the sound of having a BBQ on a beach in the evening. Sounds awesome.

I don't have any breakdown cover either, so can't get AA assistance, although I do like your thinking :thumbup:

I seldom breakfast before 11:00 at a weekend :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Well........... This is VERY disappointing?

To make this happen, it needs INTEREST. YOUR interest.

I am not flogging a dead horse. If there's no interest, then let's forget it.

Maybe it's just not a good time of year. Sun, light days, perfect weather?

Maybe we wait till its pissing down with rain, winter comes, and it goes dark at 4.30pm.

Very demoralising. Where ARE all you guys. We had such a good turnout in this area, let's not lose the enthusiasm.

Let me know when /if anyone else can be bothered, because I'm losing heart with it. :thumbdown:

Keith.

What dates are we looking at I work shift work so not off every weekend , would like to attend . Regards Howard

Thanks for this Howard. Yes, of course I understand that people work, take holidays, are busy with other things, and all sorts, A BIT LIKE ME AMAZINGLY. :mrgreen: .. but apart from you and Barney, and I don't think he has got his Elgrand yet?? . Where IS everyone? It's really very disappointing. :(

I'm going to drop it for a while. Obviously not a good time of year. Leaving the post open, and if anyone else comes up with an idea, then let's hear it guys :D PLEASE.

Sorry for the delay Keith, hadn't seen the post. Ooopps! Not many weekends free for me. This weekend family down from Manchester, next weekend is work, following weekend a planned car boot sale (to provide spends for Holiday), then work the following weekend then off on holiday and not back until beginning of September. Then 1st weekend back is work again. So as you can see its a busy Summer for me :sorry:

Yeah, I think with the holidays its probably good to leave it for a bit.

Thanks Clive.

Ugbrooke would make a nice meet. I don't think Elgrands will qualify as classics. But nothing to stop a group of us getting together for a meet and picnic in the grounds during the show, and going on somewhere afterwards.

I've been to this venue before, and it does attract some very old and very rare cars. Not quite what ours are. It's one of the snootier meetings if you get my drift.

I'm waiting for somebody to plan and invite me to the next SW meeting...... Wherever it is. . We have so many members down here, and it would be great to get some of us together again, so who's going to get it moving?

Once I get my Van then I will offer to run somefink!

Thanks Barney. I am actually very disappointed that there is..... We'll let's be honest here... very poor interest from the South West guys, after such an excellent first meeting at Ham Hill in June. Winter will come along before we know it.

I still suspect, however, that part of the problem may be that the the South West area is just too big, and distance is putting people off. Mileages are a big consideration, and I am well aware that money is tight for all of us.

I am considering asking Karl to create a Devon and Cornwall area. That, in itself is still a massive bit of the UK. Devon is the second largest county in the UK, and Cornwall is pretty damn big too, but it would probably be more realistic for occasional Meets.

At the moment, the South West supposedly includes, Devon, Cornwall, Dorset, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Bristol and Avon. Literally hundreds and hundreds of miles. Is this what's making it difficult?

Living down here, We call the South West Devon, Dorset, Somerset and Cornwall.

It obviously would never be a problem if members from other areas wanted to come and join in. Like last time.

Give us your thoughts South West owners. But PLEASE let's get SOME feedback.

Thanks
Keith

Keith,

We had a great time at Ham Hill, and met some great people, thanks for organising it.

We live in South west Wales which is too far away from those counties to expect people to come here for a meet. I frequently travel to Dorset and Hampshire to meet family so have no problem 'popping in' to a meet (as long as it's not Cornwall or west Devon) on my way to or from there if the timing is right.

Saying that we would probably try to attend one in Cornwall or Devon if we had a free weekend and camp overnight.

Going in holiday (North Wales) next week, I may try to organise something in South Wales once I've got back as I see there are more people from the area joining the club now. Obviously if I do then anyone would be welcome to join in.

Cheers

Paul

Back