• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Show us your knob

Before I spend on a new knob I thought I'd have a go at tidying up the leather and adding the orange wrap to ours as an experiment, nowt to lose is there!
Not perfect by any means but a decent effort I reckon.

Attachments

• knob1.jpg
    knob1.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 32
  • knob2.jpg
    knob2.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 33
Before I spend on a new knob I thought I'd have a go at tidying up the leather and adding the orange wrap to ours as an experiment, nowt to lose is there!
Looks a massive improvement 👍

Looks good, did you use some leather care stuff?

The vinyl should last well, I put a strip of insulation tape on mine to see what it looked like and it remained on there for about a year without wear or peeling before I changed the knob.

Looks good, did you use some leather care stuff?

The vinyl should last well, I put a strip of insulation tape on mine to see what it looked like and it remained on there for about a year without wear or peeling before I changed the knob.
Thanks, it's the Scratch Doctor leather compound in Beige. Finished with 3 coats of satin finisher.

Christ, I've gone mad 😂 These will peel off if doesn't quite fit the look I'm after in the Ellie.knob3.jpg

...and the forum slowly descended into delirium reading about how Kermit had been playing with her knob all afternoon :joy:
All day yesterday and some of today to be fair 😂

Some funky ideas. I'm so boring with a standard one lol

...and the forum slowly descended into delirium reading about how Kermit had been playing with her knob all afternoon :joy:
To be fair , it was a well used knob , rubbed raw in places 😜😂
Nice job though , thought of going into knob restoration- be a queue a mile long 🤣

I have a Nismo one (see the build thread)

You should think about adding your 'project build' link into your signature (see below), then it would appear in every post you make, that way, people can just launch straight into your project and catch up with the updates :)

Back