• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Selector lever locked in P

Greybutton = nitrous ?? 🤔

:cool:
I wish its to switch the Pivot cruise control in and out just put your hand on top of gearlever and my finger just touches it don't need to look for it got to turn up an aluminium one but I just haven't had the time.

Thanks to all who posted, and may I say that the issue has not recurred, and I am now better informed about the auto box functionality. Running around in bliss again! Really helpful responses!

okay firstly check your brake switch this most common cause after that there's a control module part number 28540WL50A it located at left top corner of the dashboard you need remove both windscreen inner trim panel then top black panel top dash nearest too windscreen you see control module screwed down with 3 screws on left passenger side

look at item D IN LINK BELOW
https://Nissan.epc-data.com/Elgrand/me51/6896-vq25de/electric/253/28540X/#253A_010

Do not think this would be your problem, but along the same lines, my wife's car had not been used for a few weeks and had lost the vacuum on the brakes which meant I could not depress the brake enough to engage to safety switch enabling the gear lever to move. i used a thin screwdriver to depress the shift lock, put it into neutral the the car started, took me a day to get round it.

I got same issue. Have to push release button every time
I have jammed in a wee bit off paper to the button to keep in pushed in, been like that for 2 years now, perfect fix

its now March 2023. So that’s 3 years still the same bit of paper folded an stuck in the button to keep it down, I can sell anyone bits of paper to do the job 😂😂😂

Last edited:
I was thinking that it's tge brake pedal control switch so ordered a new one. Unfortunately, the one one my van, e51 2004 3.5, is a 2 pin connector and I can only find parts that fit 4 pin plugs.
Any ideas where I can get the correct part folks, much appreciated in advance.

Hi BigD, if you refer to post by GTTI on Dec 2 2021 I found the control module to be the fault with my van not the brake light switch . available from Nissan

You can tell if it's the brake switch as the brakes lights won't work either.

Ah, the brake lights are still working normally, so that would indicate that it's possibly the control module, as listed by gtti, above?

Kindly assists my E51 egrand Nissan
When I engage the D gear it does not want to move fowerd. Please help

Does it try to move or is there nothing?
Have you taken off the foot parking brake?

Kindly assists my E51 egrand Nissan
When I engage the D gear it does not want to move fowerd. Please help

Is the engine running?
Have you got the foot brake on?
Have you got your foot on the brake pedal?
Are you upside down ?
Are you slightly pressing the accelerator?
Is it on bricks?
Are you sat on the passenger seat?
Have you been clamped?
Are you chained to a tree?
Are you parked on an ice rink ?
Are you floating in a lake?

Answer the above to give us an idea, so we can help you.👍

Does it try to move or is there nothing?
Have you taken off the foot parking brake?
The gearbox was changed by another mechanic. Now when I engage drive it just revs and doesn't move, but when I slide to manual and shift up it only starts moving from 4th gear!

Is it in snow mode?

How did you get on ?

Back