• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Remember when......

When I stopped smoking 20 Embassy were 26p, and there were vouchers in the packet to save and get gifts (a bit like Green Shield stamps) I still have the Norbar Torque Wrench I got with mine before I gave up smoking. I couldn't afford to run a car, drink and smoke so one of them had to go! 🤣

10 number 6, and a box of matches were 15p
Would have been about mid 60's and my corner shop used to sell 5 Park Drive with 10 matches for 9d. I was still at school then but when I left school in the late 60's can remember 10 number 6 and a box of matches costing 2 shillings, also poplar at the time were Cadets and think they were even cheaper.
My first job was as an apprentice upholsterer and I worked with about 12 upholsterers making 3 piece suites and everyone of them smoked even when working. The upholsterer next to me smoked Capstan full strength but most smoked Embassy's or like my dad Woodbines.

Remember when: people could spell “lose”, “brake”, use the correct “your/you’re”, “their/there/they’re”, and every verbal sentence didn’t contain “like”, “at the end of the day” and “yeah?”

Good times. While they’re busy teaching fronted adverbials to my kids, they’ll be missing out on oral education (stop it!) and standards will continue to fall through the floor.

Remember when: people could spell “lose”, “brake”, use the correct “your/you’re”, “their/there/they’re”, and every verbal sentence didn’t contain “like”, “at the end of the day” and “yeah?”

Good times. While they’re busy teaching fronted adverbials to my kids, they’ll be missing out on oral education (stop it!) and standards will continue to fall through the floor.
To be fair, predictive text comes into this a lot.
Does with my speeeiling anyway

Or start every sentence with ‘so’ and throw in ‘literally’ or ‘basically’ every five words, if it is relevant to the statement or not!

People who start with..."so" do my tree in.

Also "Can I get"...no you can have!

And the best one..."thanks for reaching out"....er...no

I'll call, bell you, give you a ring and text, I'll even whistle down the wind to you...buy I'll never ever Reach Out.

Ahhhhhh!!! Can I get!!! No….fuck off! I work here, I will get it if you learn how to ask if you may have something!!! 🤬🤯

Unfortunately one always feels terribly Rees Moggish conversing with teenagers these days. It’s enough to make one wish one was a juvenile delinquent again.

A 'tradesman' never spent 20 mins outside your house on his phone, before getting out of his car to come and do the 'professional' job.

A 'tradesman' never spent 20 mins outside your house on his phone, before getting out of his car to come and do the 'professional' job.
They look at the job card to see what it is - whilst on your drive, then they visit YouTube to see how to do the job, give them a chance.😆

Back