• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Refrigeration coolant cap

No, I only meant it as for top up? Thanks

Prestone coolant is marketed as being compatible with everything if you don't know what is currently in there.

Thanks, @LeStempy I reckon there's geniune green-ish Nissan coolant in there at the moment, hence was wondering if the link I posted earlier would be the best option for topping up as I think it's slightly low and getting the van ready for my long trip

Well, worst case scenario just add distilled water.

Thanks, @LeStempy I reckon there's geniune green-ish Nissan coolant in there at the moment, hence was wondering if the link I posted earlier would be the best option for topping up as I think it's slightly low and getting the van ready for my long trip
Did you use the genuine Nissan L248 to top up afterwards?

Mine also 'looks' the same, and I've got a good 3.5L of that L248 stuff left over as that is also what my Juke Nismo uses.
I checked mine earlier (Elgrand) and it's fine- when cold it was all but 2 or 3 hashes of the 12 from full on that coolant dipstick, but it'd be good to know my L248 could be used as a top up if I had to.

Did you use the genuine Nissan L248 to top up afterwards?

Mine also 'looks' the same, and I've got a good 3.5L of that L248 stuff left over as that is also what my Juke Nismo uses.
I checked mine earlier (Elgrand) and it's fine- when cold it was all but 2 or 3 hashes of the 12 from full on that coolant dipstick, but it'd be good to know my L248 could be used as a top up if I had to.
I did indeed. Seems like did the job without any issues

I did indeed. Seems like did the job without any issues
Nice one.
Mine apparently had a coolant change only about 10K kilometers ago, going by google translate of the service history it came with, but that's good to know.
When I get it serviced I'll take along my L248 container and also see what he reckons.

Out of interest, do you or anyone know how much coolant takes up one of those small 'hashes' on the coolant dipstick? Can't imagine it'd be much, and probably not to easy to micro manage it to that level, given it's a bit fiddly to see.

If you're going to drain, flush and refill, using the Nissan item will be rather expensive at £13.95 a litre x 10 litres is £139.50.

If you're going to drain, flush and refill, using the Nissan item will be rather expensive at £13.95 a litre x 10 litres is £139.50.
My L248 cost £30 for 5 litres. So £60 for 10L.

https://shop.Nissan.co.uk/products/Nissan-coolant-l248-premix-5-litre-ke90299945

Back