• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Rear kitchen unit, removable

Cheap and cheerful but its fits perfectly and I keep the rear seats..cooker from middle shelf sits on top ..camping chairs etc underneath . Cupboards for whatever you want .portable fridge in front of rea seat which is moved to front when seats made to a bed . .the whole lot can be removed in minutes and stored in garage etc . Works a treat and don't rattle

Cheap and cheerful but its fits perfectly and I keep the rear seats..cooker from middle shelf sits on top ..camping chairs etc underneath . Cupboards for whatever you want .portable fridge in front of rea seat which is moved to front when seats made to a bed . .the whole lot can be removed in minutes and stored in garage etc . Works a treat and don't rattle
I think I'm storing our cooker on the side, it's just what it's going to sit on that's up in the air at mo, waiting for a question to be answered tmrw then it's a go

20240420102319_IMG_0605.JPG 20240503094830_IMG_0614.JPG 20240423_125614.jpg

I like that you and Peter/Bog - with the photos on the first page of your thread, are keeping the rear seats. I have so far taken one of the middle seats out, which makes it much more campervanny for me, with better access for dog and 'things'.

I plan to go for a setup night at a campsite not toooo far from me, (just in case there is a problem and I can come home!) soon, which will tell me whether I do need a unit in the back, or if using that for storage and then having a little awning to put everything, will be best for me. The stuff in the back doesn't include the mattress, fridge, food or clothes! 🫣 Having a built in unit might just take away too much space for me???

Attachments

• 20240517_162524.jpg
    20240517_162524.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 20240519_184102.jpg
    20240519_184102.jpg
    547.7 KB · Views: 24

View attachment 102392 View attachment 102396 View attachment 102397

I like that you and Peter/Bog - with the photos on the first page of your thread, are keeping the rear seats. I have so far taken one of the middle seats out, which makes it much more campervanny for me, with better access for dog and 'things'.

I plan to go for a setup night at a campsite not toooo far from me, (just in case there is a problem and I can come home!) soon, which will tell me whether I do need a unit in the back, or if using that for storage and then having a little awning to put everything, will be best for me. The stuff in the back doesn't include the mattress, fridge, food or clothes! 🫣 Having a built in unit might just take away too much space for me???
I can see how that would work

Aaaahhh, I see! I remember those units. What a good idea! I still don't think I need a unit, or the extra weight for just me, but I do like the idea!

Well I've placed a scary order 😂 draw fridge don't half add to the total. They did have an older unit on offer but went for the latest one with digital stat and a night setting as opposed to old style mechanical stat.

I can see how pre made equality units are expensive, especially seeing as folk are trying to make a profit and paying tax....... hopefully..

Well I've placed a scary order 😂 draw fridge don't half add to the total. They did have an older unit on offer but went for the latest one with digital stat and a night setting as opposed to old style mechanical stat.

I can see how pre made equality units are expensive, especially seeing as folk are trying to make a profit and paying tax....... hopefully..

If you are going away for weeks at a time, a lot through the year that will be such an excellent investment!

For me, just doing maybe 4 nights max at a time, it wouldn't get used and would just be dead weight. I bought a new electric coolbox recently and am really pleased with it.

If you are going away for weeks at a time, a lot through the year that will be such an excellent investment!

For me, just doing maybe 4 nights max at a time, it wouldn't get used and would just be dead weight. I bought a new electric coolbox recently and am really pleased with it.
Nope just weekends for now 🤔 it was part of the deal with the wife for getting the Elgrand, she wanted an upgrade from the tent/camping experience, I was given orders had to have sink and tap and fridge and a hob.....ohh and not to be made from pallets 😂

Bits are starting to turn up 😁

I'm going to start the base of the unit this weekend, it's probably going to be the heaviest part, I'm planning on using ply, did think about lightweight ply but decided on normal or marine.

Attachments

• PXL_20240525_120642775.jpg
    PXL_20240525_120642775.jpg
    395.5 KB · Views: 4
So at 8.30pm tonight I came to the conclusion a router table would probably be needed and there is a limit to what I will be allowed to glue on the dining room table 😂

I retired to the garage and extracted some timber and nocked together a frame, off to Wickes in the morning for some 18mm ply for the top

I know these aren't the pics you want to see 😂

Went to Wickes for a piece of 4x2 18mm ply, they only had full sheets so went back for the van is it wasn't going into the Elgrand without a fight.

This ment lots more ply so made one side with a fold up extension, as I only had 3 hinges I made another slot in section for the other side, so I've got an 8ft bench when needed.

Got to mount the router next, but I've got a sneaky suspicion if I don't spend some time with the Mrs I will be having sharp shooting pains in the back later 😂

Attachments

• PXL_20240527_091102640.jpg
    PXL_20240527_091102640.jpg
    689.2 KB · Views: 8
  • PXL_20240527_092856047.MP.jpg
    PXL_20240527_092856047.MP.jpg
    701.6 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20240527_102050966.jpg
    PXL_20240527_102050966.jpg
    521.7 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20240527_105844044.jpg
    PXL_20240527_105844044.jpg