• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Please say a prayer: 20mph in Wales

And any Gov't info which comes through the letterbox got either an extra copy in 'cymru', or on the back of the letter with all the wording printed in 'cymru'

Regarding costing double...that must be Westminster's fault :scream:
So why has no department picked up on this ..it may seem trivial to some things but every letter every road signs and god knows what else it must be costing a fortune that could be put into NHS etc or harpoons to sink the boats lol they will only have to do a couple and let French coast guard pick em up and the problem will be solved ...far cheaper than all this rowander crap ...this govt on any side got no backbone ... supposed I'll get banned now lol

So why has no department picked up on this ..it may seem trivial to some things but every letter every road signs and god knows what else it must be costing a fortune
Appease the language zealots (votes) and/or try to get some more Plaid voters over (votes)

Quite often the case with the 20s is that people are happy for 20mph outside their own house, but don't want it outside other people's houses.
That's not me being pro 20mph (lol far from it), but the general feeling.
I'm happy for 30 outside my house if they get shot of it everywhere.

It'll be interesting to see how they change the rules. Under the current ones, roads with few pedestrians crossing should have remained 30mph, but the councils didn't apply these needed exceptions to many suitable roads. Just doing that would go a long way...

Still doesn't get around the guidelines to prosecute at 24mph - to easy for even conscientious drivers to reach this :-/

It'll be interesting to see how they change the rules. Under the current ones, roads with few pedestrians crossing should have remained 30mph, but the councils didn't apply these needed exceptions to many suitable roads. Just doing that would go a long way...

Still doesn't get around the guidelines to prosecute at 24mph - to easy for even conscientious drivers to reach this :-/
The world has gone mad with political adversaries globetrotting around talking shit and just what they think people want to here ....we don't want that .we want to make our own stuff with our own folk employed and our borders secure by whatever means ..only then will we become again a proud nation ..time for these tin pot councils and political bodies to wake up

The world has gone mad with political adversaries globetrotting around talking shit and just what they think people want to here ....we don't want that .we want to make our own stuff with our own folk employed and our borders secure by whatever means ..only then will we become again a proud nation ..time for these tin pot councils and political bodies to wake up
Please stop with the politics bashing chat. Its not allowed on this forum

Makes me think they won't now either. I'd be surprised if 10% of roads locally to someone in Wales revert.
Where I am they reduced some nice 60mph twisties to 40mph recently. Nothing to do with the Welsh Gov't 20mph guidelines (obviously), just the council themselves decided to do it. Makes me think they won't exactly be zealous in returning to 30 in many places.

Please stop with the politics bashing chat. Its not allowed on this forum
Struck a nerve sorry
Makes me think they won't now either. I'd be surprised if 10% of roads locally to someone in Wales revert.
Where I am they reduced some nice 60mph twisties to 40mph recently. Nothing to do with the Welsh Gov't 20mph guidelines (obviously), just the council themselves decided to do it. Makes me think they won't exactly be zealous in returning to 30 in many places.
Too much revenue from speed cameras

Back