• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Please say a prayer: 20mph in Wales

Never seen an Ebike with registration plates though and many seem to be capable of a going a lot quicker than 15.5mph.
Agreed - they look the same and plod aren't going to be fussed as long as you don't stick out.
It's trivial for a fit person to pedal on the flat at 20, so a lot of people will be using electric to reach speed then letting pedal power take over as the motor cuts off.
I might be wrong but there seems to also be a 250watt motor legal limit for unregistered Ebikes
Yep, 250w power limit - above that it's registration, helmet and insurance
yet anyone can buy a 1000watt one
Anyone can buy a car too...
I wouldn't mind one, might get me back into riding bikes for fitness.. go on a bike ride using pedal power, get knacked or bored can just turn around and use electric power to get home lol, maybe switch to electric for going up hills until fitness improved
Yeah - I didn't see the point when I was in my 20s. Now I'm old and unfit I'm liking the idea of something that'll let me keep up with the traffic flow and flatten out the hills.

Am I allowed to sign the petition? I certainly would if I could.

Am I allowed to sign the petition? I certainly would if I could.
No, as they'll try to spin it as % are external signatories. It's just under 421,000 now. Maggie poll tax unpopularity lol

Sunak vows to stop 20mph zones and review LTNs

Rishi Sunak says he wants to stop "hare-brained" road calming and safety schemes, including 20mph zones, to end what he says is a "war on motorists".

The prime minister said he wanted to ensure such measures would no longer be "forced" on drivers.

Nearly 452 thousand now

I read today that “most drivers are sticking to the new limit”. Of course they are, because the Cnut at the front of the queue is doing 20. Silly thing to say.

Fingers crossed, with the recent announcements, that a good chuck of this stupid 20mph joke gets revoked.
Anyone done a costing on just how much the Welsh are costing everybody by having to have road signs duplicated and all that extra paint on the roads too ..I used to deliver round Wales and most times if you asked people directions they would stop speaking English and start in Welsh...bloody ignorant they want independence but still want English funding cos they haven't the resources to go it alone ...rant over I feel better lol

I used to deliver round Wales and most times if you asked people directions they would stop speaking English and start in Welsh...bloody ignorant they want independence but still want English funding cos they haven't the resources to go it alone ..
:)
That'll probably depend on where in the country you are. Where I am hardly anyone (thankfully) speaks 'cymru', and all-round 'support' for independence (country wide) is low (again, thankfully).
And regarding your comment on still wanting English funding, when a devolved area (NHS, Roads etc) delivers the usual poor results, the fail safe is 'blame Westminster'. Kind of like a Wales specific default excuse akin to 'because of Covid', or 'because of the trouble in Ukraine', or 'because of Brexit' etc etc

:)
That'll probably depend on where in the country you are. Where I am hardly anyone (thankfully) speaks 'cymru', and all-round 'support' for independence (country wide) is low (again, thankfully).
Mostly from Aberystwyth to holyhead and on to Chester....everywhere in between ..great history great scenery but too much paint ..slow with Araf etc

Mostly from Aberystwyth to holyhead and on to Chester....everywhere in between ..great history great scenery but too much paint ..slow with Araf etc
Yeah, worse luck they've got that English/'cymru' language split on literally every road sign/marking country-wide

So every time it cost double
And any Gov't info which comes through the letterbox got either an extra copy in 'cymru', or on the back of the letter with all the wording printed in 'cymru'

Regarding costing double...that must be Westminster's fault :scream:

My opinion? Like a lot of modern life, this is another thing designed to make this particular aspect of life (driving) so annoying, so frustrating and so inconvenient that you simply decide it's not worth the bother.
100%

So every time it cost double
Mind you I don't think it will be long before up here in bradfordstan we will have duel signage too ..although they don't follow no rules or speed limits but they seems to get away with it in the golf gti and audi cars

Back