• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Longest distances driven

670 miles down to wales, 6k km in the last month, Thankfully my work paying mileage which more than covered fuel costs for the 2 return trips from thurso to haverford west.

Have just fitted pivot throttle controller and cruise. The impul ECU definitely hasnt improved my MPG, but i do tend to sit at 120/130 kms on mway.

Hopefully for the next trip i'll get more miles with the CC

In August will be travelling from South Coast to Edinburgh and back so around 890 miles.. last September went to France and covered around 1400 miles.

Drove to Scotland and back recently from Plymouth to Perth shire. 2 full tanks of fuel to get there "cost" £220 ran a constant 6km/ltr. Which I thought was great , usually runs at 4.5km/ltr.
I'm not heavy under foot either. Traffic was diabolical though , took 15 hours with 4 twenty minute stops. Won't travel up country on a Friday again.

Drove to Scotland and back recently from Plymouth to Perth shire. 2 full tanks of fuel to get there "cost" £220 ran a constant 6km/ltr. Which I thought was great , usually runs at 4.5km/ltr.
I'm not heavy under foot either. Traffic was diabolical though , took 15 hours with 4 twenty minute stops. Won't travel up country on a Friday again.
I think you might have a bit of a heavy foot 😉 Or the traffic tucked you up.

I did Glasgow from South West Wales recently (440 miles each way) and averaged around 11km/ltr. Was annoyingly just over a tank full each way too.

Manchester - Kelso - Blackpool - Manchester.
Had a nice burger and brew in Kelso, dinner with the then future Mrs G in Blackpool and then back home for DIY and a curry.
Good times....😁

In August will be travelling from South Coast to Edinburgh and back so around 890 miles.. last September went to France and covered around 1400 miles.

I think you might have a bit of a heavy foot 😉 Or the traffic tucked you up.

I did Glasgow from South West Wales recently (440 miles each way) and averaged around 11km/ltr. Was annoyingly just over a tank full each way too.
Looking through the forum I can see most are getting alot more ltr per kilometers than I do,
I have my foot off the throttle as much as possible and contious to keep the revs down when it's on. Apart from living in hilly cornwall the only conclusion I have come too is that she is a particularly thirsty car, she runs as sweet as a nut but have been wandering if a diagnostic check is in order. I was going to start a thread in order to pick everyones brain and get some views on the matter.
It was 2 tanks of fuel each way to Scotland, 1 tank took me asfar as Liverpool.

Looking through the forum I can see most are getting alot more ltr per kilometers than I do,
I have my foot off the throttle as much as possible and contious to keep the revs down when it's on. Apart from living in hilly cornwall the only conclusion I have come too is that she is a particularly thirsty car, she runs as sweet as a nut but have been wandering if a diagnostic check is in order. I was going to start a thread in order to pick everyones brain and get some views on the matter.
My jap screen shows on average 9.6 kpl.
It did increase up to 10.3 kpl when I went to France. The motorways there are far superior to ours.. was doing around 65-70 mph on a constant 2 hour drive only stopping for the tolls

We've done Somerset to the South of France via the Eurotunnel a few times in our E50.
Fully loaded with a crammed roof box and 7 people on board.
Good times 😁

The figure sounds about right for what I get from urban driving. But motorway miles are a lot less thirsty. Hovering between 65-70 seems to do the trick too, and keep it consistent rather than feathering the throttle.

I once did London from Llanelli and averaged over 12 on the motorways. But dropped down to sub 10 by the time I'd done some London urban driving. It's a big, heavy chunk of metal at the end of the day. It's getting it moving from stationary that takes the most grunt.

Furthest I've driven my Elgrand in a single trip would be around 500 (250 miles out, 250 miles back).
Furthest in a single trip / direction around 400 but that was with the caravan on the back.
Done 1000 miles in a week plenty times.
Used as a daily driver plus quite often we'll do 200 or 300 miles at the weekend.

Not in an Elgrand but years ago I drove from home to Wakefield for a full work shift. To home. To Leeds to pickup a car trailer. To home. To Liverpool (to DJ). To home for a bite to eat and pickup the car trailer. To Cornwall to collect a car with the car trailer. To home. To bed lol. Back to Leeds to take the car trailer back. Effectively 2 work shifts and 1000 miles driving without sleep, not something I'd want to do these days.

The figure sounds about right for what I get from urban driving. But motorway miles are a lot less thirsty. Hovering between 65-70 seems to do the trick too, and keep it consistent rather than feathering the throttle.

I once did London from Llanelli and averaged over 12 on the motorways. But dropped down to sub 10 by the time I'd done some London urban driving. It's a big, heavy chunk of metal at the end of the day. It's getting it moving from stationary that takes the most grunt.
Thankyou for your input. Mine is a 3.5ltr v6.
is your experience based on the same or 2.5ltr? and is there a great deal of difference in fuel economy between the two then ? I'm guessing yes .

My jap screen shows on average 9.6 kpl.
It did increase up to 10.3 kpl when I went to France. The motorways there are far superior to ours.. was doing around 65-70 mph on a constant 2 hour drive only stopping for the tolls
Thankyou for reply I'm jealous of that quietly.

Thankyou for your input. Mine is a 3.5ltr v6.
is your experience based on the same or 2.5ltr? and is there a great deal of difference in fuel economy between the two then ? I'm guessing yes .
Mine's a 2.5. But I'm told not an awful lot in it - certainly not half as efficient

Reactions: jmz
There's a slight improvement on a long run with the 2.5 but not much in it for normal driving as you're having to work the 2.5 harder.

Back