• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Longest distances driven

guy165

Active Newbie
Wales
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Elgrand
E51
Region
Wales
Picked up my Elgrand yesterday and drove 280miles back not too big a run but very comfy, have 3 big trips planned this year, what's the greatest distance you have driven yours?

Instead of distance travelled you plan journeys by petrol stations.
or by lpg stations , i’ve done just over 770 miles in 24hrs , but had a rest on a ferry threw nite , done this trips loads of times in my e50

Picked up my Elgrand yesterday and drove 280miles back not too big a run but very comfy, have 3 big trips planned this year, what's the greatest distance you have driven yours?
380 miles is the longest I've done. Fitting cruise control was a game changer for long drives, both because it's less tiring and burning less fuel (I'd inevitably end up at 80ish, with cruise I tend to stick it at the same speed as the lorries and chill)

380 miles is the longest I've done. Fitting cruise control was a game changer for long drives, both because it's less tiring and burning less fuel (I'd inevitably end up at 80ish, with cruise I tend to stick it at the same speed as the lorries and chill)
That is something I will be investigating in the future.

That is something I will be investigating in the future.
As you're in Wales, with 20mph speed limits descending in 2024, consider the CANM8 cruise control. To my knowledge it's the only one with a speed limiter.

https://www.canm8.com/cruise-contro...-control/precision-cruise-Nissan-Elgrand.html

That looks brilliant, and reasonable price too, did you fit yours?
Yes. This looks like an improved, easier to fit one. Getting the trim off was the hardest bit... though that became easy once I read up on/was told which bits to undo/pull on - this forum is great 😀

Yes. This looks like an improved, easier to fit one. Getting the trim off was the hardest bit... though that became easy once I read up on/was told which bits to undo/pull on - this forum is great 😀
That's good to know, I would like to do it myself. Thanks for the advice😁

Just done Redcar - Lochgoilhead - Oban 305 miles - on one tank E5 . Had a 5 litre reserve can ready as it was getting a bit tight, but she made It ! Steady 60 /65 mph on the M6, M74 & M8.

Just done Redcar - Lochgoilhead - Oban 305 miles - on one tank E5 . Had a 5 litre reserve can ready as it was getting a bit tight, but she made It ! Steady 60 /65 mph on the M6, M74 & M8.
60-65 on the M6, I think when I went North at Christmas we averaged 22 on the M6!

Over a week, 1430 Miles Stirling and back from West Cornwall, with 300 miles of driving around, we had to come back as the first lock down (2020) was imminent. I got 29mpg average as well!

Last edited:
Back