• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Longest distances driven

I actually uploaded the entire trip down [Perth to Adelaide] on YouTube
Thread 'Told you I'd upload it and share here; driving my Elgrand 2,700km from Perth to Adelaide' https://forum.elgrandoc.uk/threads/told-you-id-upload-it-and-share-here-driving-my-Elgrand-2-700km-from-perth-to-adelaide.37368/

Added to my Watch Later.

Hopefully it's really time dash cam footage so, on my commute, I can project it into my Elgrand's windscreen and dream...

Ben, I'm surprised at what you spent on fuel. In November last year the wife and I travelled from Adelaide to Brisbane covering roughly 4,500km. I spent $1200 AUD on fuel. Because of flooding at the time we were detoured a lot so ended up buying fuel in some remote places at eyewatering prices. My trip computer averaged 9.8km/ltr, so around 10ltrs per 100km.
I've crossed the Nullabor quite a few times but only ever at 30,000 feet. Having watched your video I was surprised at how much vegetation there was, I was expecting it to be more desert like.

Cheers mate, I was just about to post it but have been working non stop haha.
Hey Ben, since you've done so many k's maybe I'll ask you. I've asked around the forums a bit but haven't gotten a reply. Have you had any experience swapping the CV boots on your van?

Ben, I'm surprised at what you spent on fuel. In November last year the wife and I travelled from Adelaide to Brisbane covering roughly 4,500km. I spent $1200 AUD on fuel. Because of flooding at the time we were detoured a lot so ended up buying fuel in some remote places at eyewatering prices. My trip computer averaged 9.8km/ltr, so around 10ltrs per 100km.
I've crossed the Nullabor quite a few times but only ever at 30,000 feet. Having watched your video I was surprised at how much vegetation there was, I was expecting it to be more desert like.
Yeah, I averaged 14-15L/100km on the open road, which is astonishingly-bad (I did about 100km of driving around Adelaide itself too, so that $2k wasn't purely the Nullarbor trip.) Also yep! It's a lot less arid and empty than you'd think, hey? I love the drive, even if it can be a bit monotonous at times. I always look back on the trip fondly, and since I'll likely not have the time to do it again for a long, long while, I felt I needed to document it for YouTube.
Hey Ben, since you've done so many k's maybe I'll ask you. I've asked around the forums a bit but haven't gotten a reply. Have you had any experience swapping the CV boots on your van?
Thankfully my van had everything done by the previous owner, including everything suspension-wise, the cat issue, screen JP>ENG conversion, etc. The old owner really took care of her, so unfortunately I don't have any experience with it outside of general servicing.

Yeah, I averaged 14-15L/100km on the open road, which is astonishingly-bad (I did about 100km of driving around Adelaide itself too, so that $2k wasn't purely the Nullarbor trip.) Also yep! It's a lot less arid and empty than you'd think, hey? I love the drive, even if it can be a bit monotonous at times. I always look back on the trip fondly, and since I'll likely not have the time to do it again for a long, long while, I felt I needed to document it for YouTube.

Thankfully my van had everything done by the previous owner, including everything suspension-wise, the cat issue, screen JP>ENG conversion, etc. The old owner really took care of her, so unfortunately I don't have any experience with it outside of general servicing.
Lucky you. It looks like mine's pretty much fresh off the boat, even though it's been here for six years. I found Japanese cutlery, and all of the literature in it is Japanese, so it must have had Japanese owners in Australia.

Back