• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Lets have a clean joke thread. Laughter heals as they say. (NO NASTY, OBSCENE OR COVID19!)

I'm looking for recommendations on how to keep my rechargeable walking stick from dying every couple of hours. Thanks 😁

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1686330683629.jpg
    FB_IMG_1686330683629.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 38
I think my birds eye view camera is broke on the Elgrand.
Today I had the sunroof open but on the screen it was closed.
Anyone know how to fix it?
🤣

When I was 23, I had a similar experience. I had started doing stand-up around the DC area and was comfortable enough to begin promoting myself. My office had our HR/sexual harassment training around six months into this endeavor, and one item stuck out to me: what you say outside of work can get you trouble at work.

At the presentation's end, I walked up to the attorney and let him know I had a question. He responds by saying he's heard them all before, so lay it on him. So I tell him I've been doing stand-up, my routine is not work friendly (I put a ton of mustard on this comment) and based on what I just heard, if someone from work happens to stumble into the show and hears me, gets offended and reports me, I can get fired.

This elderly attorney looks at me, goes quiet, and finally says, "Huh, well, that's a new one. Let me research and get back to you; give me your card."

I am now shitting myself. I have student loans, rent, and other expenses, and I live nowhere near where I grew up. Less than 24 hrs earlier I had been telling a joke about prostitutes as gym trainers, and now I'm trying to figure out how my $150-200 a set can pay a piece of my bills and how to convince my parents that this is an intelligent career choice.

Two days later, I got a call from HR to come down to their office for a chat. I know what that means. I packed all my stuff, and all the office supplies I could to resell later, and I started sweating. I was an overweight 23-year-old about to lose a decently paying job because I did stand-up on a dare and enjoyed it.

I walked down to the office, dress shirt drenched in sweat (it was a one-floor walk). The hear of HR is sitting there smiling (imagine Delores Umbridge from the Harry Potter movies). She tells me to take a seat, it's a pleasure to meet me (we had met at least a half dozen times during my two years there). She said the attorney called and had an answer to my question. She heard I like to tell jokes; could I tell her one?

I shake my head saying, "No, they're not that kind of jokes...they're kind of like stories? And not work appropriate."

She nodded. And paused. And nodded. And I kept sweating. After what must have been 3 hrs (probably about 5 seconds in non-insane time) she smiled and said, no problem. To answer your question, as long as I didn't directly invite someone AND I didn't talk about anything work related, I could keep doing my set.

I breathed a huge sigh of relief, thanked her for her time and walked back to my desk. After throwing up in the closest bathroom.

My boss said I looked terrible and sent me home for the day.

Long story short, HR is scary.

Back