• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Let's go there. A balanced discussion: The Elgrand v the T5/6 Transporter?

It's 12 years old. He probably just did a typo

Mind you, if this link works:
That £27K Transporter now looks a bargain

But then this for the same price...with 3K miles!!
:eek:
It's a joke, add camper to the description and add another £15,000+ to an old vehicle that could fail the next mot and cost thousands to repair. Buy a good Elgrand and spend some of the money you saved on making your own camper. Then if you decide to sell it use the magic word in the advert that makes money. Shhhhhh don't tell anyone let's keep the idea to ourselves. 🤣

Fat fingers typed 22 instead of 12..... in his advert he says he has added a T6 front end.
That makes sense, as I said I know nothing about T5 or T6 Volkswagons, apart from there is a lot of them about, so it was just interesting for me to investigate, as I didn't see all the details of the original advert.

Theres a T4 caravelle for sale on eBay at the moment. Says it's been great but selling as he's bought a new bus. I'm assuming it's the S1 parked next to it. So he maybe on here soon

Theres a T4 caravelle for sale on eBay at the moment. Says it's been great but selling as he's bought a new bus. I'm assuming it's the S1 parked next to it. So he maybe on here soon
There's a bit of a Twilight zone which former Transporter owners must pass through before they can become Elgranders, so it might not be for a bit yet.

Nice down there. Used to live in Wallasey Village when was a kid so loved going down "Newbo” 😆 Still venture down there as have happy memories around there. 👍 Sounds like a similar drive around the Wirral I do sometimes, like going around the country roads. 😉
Can't believe, in the nearly sixty years I've lived here, I've never set foot on Hilbre Island

Had a T4, with a 2.5 petrol (5 cylinder) and an auto box. I loved it and it sounded awesome with the custom exhaust but rust got to it. I then went to a Vivaro (huge mistake!!) then to an E51 which has just died of head gasket failure. It also needed welding so I thought. move on, I'm now in an E52 which drives better than all of them but has decidedly less room in the 'boot'

Can't believe, in the nearly sixty years I've lived here, I've never set foot on Hilbre Island
I've lived on the Wirral all my life (41 yrs old) and I've never been to Hilbre Island, only ever got to the Little Eye. Got so many things around the Wirral and surrounding areas that never venture to. I'm always in New Brighton even though I don't live around there now.

Back