• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

interior lighting

I went all blue LEDs at one stage but found the rear too dull. Turned everything back bright white and it's much better. I do like it bright but I know many others like it more subtle 🙂👍
I've gone for the warm light leds rather than bright white, hopefully they will still be bright enough

Poor quality LED's can cause this problem.

I've ordered new LED interior lights, it seems like the map lights in the front stay on dim all the time, not sure if thats normal
Looking forward to the boost it should bring to the lighting
The map lights also flicker sometimes when you turn them and I have to double tap them to get them to stay on properly, maybe a loose connection or something to investigate when changing to leds!
Evening, could you point me in the direction of the which lights to order? My e51 has the same issue with the map lights. Are they easy to fit?

If you use COB leds they won't glow as they work in a different way in that they use a UV led to energise a fluorescent coating.

If you use COB leds they won't glow as they work in a different way in that they use a UV led to energise a fluorescent coating.
Thanks for that is my current issue likely to cause an issue with the battery draining?

Thanks for that is my current issue likely to cause an issue with the battery draining?
Battery drain is an issue on some Elgrands. No one has seemed to get to the bottom of it as yet. It's unlikely that a slight glow from an LED would drain the battery quickly, however it might be possible that the fact that the LED is drawing a small current could prevent the control unit from going into sleep mode, but that's just speculation.

You'd need to trace which circuit or circuits are still consuming significant current after the car has been switched off for half an hour. You can buy ammeters that plug into the fuse slots to do the measuring, you'd have to remove the fuses one at a time and replace them with the meter noting the current flow on each one. If any seem unusually high then those would be the circuits to investigate.

Evening, could you point me in the direction of the which lights to order? My e51 has the same issue with the map lights. Are they easy to fit?
Fortunately it was just a couple of crap led bulbs. Phew!

Back