• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

interior lighting

thebluemax

Premium Member
South East
E51 Owner
Reaction score
First Name
allen
Elgrand
E51
Region
South East
just wondered what people have installed for ambiant lighting in the Elgrand interior.....led-fibre optic-or other to lush up the interior with colour/white.
Oh and any pics would be nice...

Mine came with the factory option of "Magical illumination" interior lights.
I discovered it purely by accident and it's well....
a little bit underwhelming to put it mildly.
My Dad has a Seat with fantastic ambient lighting. But the Elgrand is 19yrs old I suppose!

Where is the switch for magical lighting? It might be that others have it but are unaware.

I fitted something like this. Hard wired from the battery to a switch them onto the unit. Hidden in the roof with the recieving wire sticking out of the roof light.Screenshot_20230221-185434.pngIMG_20200502_211824_5.jpgIMG_20200502_211839_5.jpg

Mine came with the factory option of "Magical illumination" interior lights.
I discovered it purely by accident and it's well....
a little bit underwhelming to put it mildly.
My Dad has a Seat with fantastic ambient lighting. But the Elgrand is 19yrs old I suppose!

Don't suppose you have a picture of the button by any chance?

Don't suppose you have a picture of the button by any chance?
Sorry no. I'll try and remember to take one tomorrow though.
If it helps, it's just to the right of the hatch on this photo, literally 1" to the right, outside of the frame and is exactly the same little button as the mirror dip button in this picture...IMG_20210724_151152.jpg

No worries, I was trying to help a fellow owner out on Facebook, they asked what this button was for, and later confirmed it changes the interior light colours. I suggested it might be the very rare factory fitted ā€˜Magical Illuminationā€™ option, but if youā€™re saying the button is more similar to the ā€˜mirror dip in reverse gearā€™ button, then perhaps itā€™s actually aftermarketā€¦

IMG_6739.jpeg

I went all blue LEDs at one stage but found the rear too dull. Turned everything back bright white and it's much better. I do like it bright but I know many others like it more subtle šŸ™‚šŸ‘

Sorry no. I'll try and remember to take one tomorrow though.
If it helps, it's just to the right of the hatch on this photo, literally 1" to the right, outside of the frame and is exactly the same little button as the mirror dip button in this picture...View attachment 92796

Attachments

• IMG_20230824_191400.jpg
    IMG_20230824_191400.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 20
I've ordered new LED interior lights, it seems like the map lights in the front stay on dim all the time, not sure if thats normal
Looking forward to the boost it should bring to the lighting
The map lights also flicker sometimes when you turn them and I have to double tap them to get them to stay on properly, maybe a loose connection or something to investigate when changing to leds!

Back