• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Insuring your Elgrand

twrath

E51 Owner
South West
E-Bucks
First Name
Tim
Elgrand
E51
Region
South West
Does anyone know a couple of insurers who will arrange with the chassis number pre-reg completion? Thanks

Simon58

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
North East
E-Bucks
First Name
Simon
Elgrand
E51
Region
North East
I'm with LV and just renewed £344. Did get quote from Green light for £329 the thing is when I first rang green light last year there quote was nearer £500? . So will stick with LV for now as have wife's car insured as well as Elgrand on multi car policy.

DEL T

Devon/Cornwall
E-Bucks
First Name
DEREK
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
Devon/Conrwall
Hi all thought i would join in. E50 camper in the pipe-line and a qoute for £357 from Mark Richards in Bristol.
i'm happy!!

Chris T

Part of the furniture
Premium Member
E51 Owner
Wales
E-Bucks
First Name
Chris
Elgrand
E51
Region
Wales
Does anyone know a couple of insurers who will arrange with the chassis number pre-reg completion? Thanks
Direct line will do that.

This year, for all my complaining about them, greenlight actually came out cheapest, only about £50 cheaper than LV but was happy with £329 for the year.

Chris Oliver. (Olly)

Premium Member
E51 Owner
E-Bucks
First Name
Chris
Elgrand
E51
At 67 no accidents driving since1967 my lowest quote was £220 & settled for Privilage at £280 for my 2nd year
You really need to do your homework oh buy the way fully comp with legal / and the rest of the essentials + rac

tonymorrell

E50 Owner
Premium Member
North East
E-Bucks
First Name
Antony
Elgrand
E50
Region
North East
Just got my Ellie.. Its my first second car (hope that makes sense) so 0 no claims!!
Adrian flux £1,400
Swinton £1,800

JAPCOVER £600... They really knew there cars and were very well informed on the Elgrand. I would highly recommend them and I'm hoping that they slash my cover next year 😉

stevie_

North East
E-Bucks
First Name
Stevie
Elgrand
Looking to buy
Region
North East
Anyone here got their Elgrand insured as a second car? I've got ten years plus ncb and get a very competitive price off flux with my 3 series. My plan is to have an e51 as a second vehicle. AFAIK they won't take the ncb on two cars though.

Simon58

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
North East
E-Bucks
First Name
Simon
Elgrand
E51
Region
North East
Lots of info on here about which firms give the best deals . But be carfull , I rang green light in may last year and was quoted £450, rang them last week and was quoted £329?. With LV at the moment £340.

Snoopy11

Here for life
Premium Member
E51 Owner
North West
E-Bucks
First Name
Mark
Elgrand
E51
Region
North West
Anyone here got their Elgrand insured as a second car? I've got ten years plus ncb and get a very competitive price off flux with my 3 series. My plan is to have an e51 as a second vehicle. AFAIK they won't take the ncb on two cars though.
Mine is a second car on a multi car policy with LV