• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Here we go again πŸ˜‚ e51 on the way....

Colin gave me the name of 2 stations he can pick me up from either, will save it on Google and maps will tell me where to get off, hopefully πŸ˜‚

Yes Cardiff is our destination on the trains, we looked at first class, it was over Β£800 quid, I would sooner sit on the roof than pay that.
Yes, the other one he mentioned was probably Ystrad Mynach, which is the stop before Hengoed. The S.Wales valley stops are a stone throw from each other. The trains are okay in terms of 'the next station we'll be arriving at is Hengoed' when you're on them etc etc

99 times out of 100 it'll be platform 6, Cardiff.Central. Train destination/line Rhymney or Bargoed.
Ystrad Myanch or Hengoed (the two he probably told you) are about half hour in. You can't go wrong.

When you see him mention the guy (me) who brought his own Michelin Cross Climate2s for him to fit during prep when he (me) bought one a few months go. He liked my dog too :)

Last edited:
I think I might have seen your Elgrand, but from about 20 yards away. I went over with the dog to C/Price's earlier, and if the one I think is your one, is parked down in a safe holding place, under cover. I couldn't get nearer as it gated off. The Elgrand was straight face on from my position, and if it is yours, the headlights look in good nik, with no clouding etc. It looked prepped, with the same 'look' as mine had when I picked it up (clean, waxed etc).

When you go there you'll see groovy 3 HiAces parked next to each other. Yours is (or 'was', as when you pick it up it'll be up the top by the garage opening) in the holding joint, down and 'behind' those. There's also a white Voxy nearby which is s*x on legs.

Last edited:
I think I might have seen your Elgrand, but from about 20 yards away. I went over with the dog to C/Price's earlier, and if the one I think is your one, is parked down in a safe holding place, under cover. I couldn't get nearer as it gated off. The Elgrand was straight face on from my position, and if it is yours, the headlights look in good nik, with no clouding etc. It looked prepped, with the same 'look' as mine had when I picked it up (clean, waxed etc).

When you go there you'll see groovy 3 HiAces parked next to each other. Your is (or 'was', as when you pick it up it'll be up the top by the garage opening) in the holding joint, down and 'behind' those. There's also a white Voxy nearby which is s*x on legs.
Thanks, getting close now 😁

My old landy went today, didn't want it to go on fleabay or to the scrap heap so when I saw the news that the lovely London mayor refused to give scrapped London cars under the ulez scrappage scheme to Ukraine I thought twat, then sent of a few emails and today it was collected, it actually cost money to give it away πŸ˜‚.

Put diesel in it, filled the boot with toys, (that was the wife's idea), with a trip to b&m and a guy collected it today, been a good workhorse and hopefully its of some use to them.

Roll on Friday.

Thanks, getting close now 😁

My old landy went today, didn't want it to go on fleabay or to the scrap heap so when I saw the news that the lovely London mayor refused to give scrapped London cars under the ulez scrappage scheme to Ukraine I thought twat, then sent of a few emails and today it was collected, it actually cost money to give it away πŸ˜‚.

Put diesel in it, filled the boot with toys, (that was the wife's idea), with a trip to b&m and a guy collected it today, been a good workhorse and hopefully its of some use to them.

Roll on Friday.
That's bloody amazing of you and the Mrs. πŸ‘

I was over C.Prices today and the car I mentioned above, parked in the holding joint, is your one. I didn't see it; I was only passing on foot with the dog, and saw the mechanic (nice guy), as me being clueless, I wanted to know where the rear fog light switch is. I mentioned I knew someone was coming from up the country, via talking on the forum and he's aware too you're coming down. Mechanic is a nice guy as well. Knows his Elgrands really well, going by lots of positive word of mouth. Have a good trip and pick up πŸŽ…

Never been excited for Xmas since I was a kid πŸ˜‚

Sister is dropping us off at train station at 5.30am πŸ€” bit early but Costa opens at 4.30 πŸ˜‚ early breakfast and hopefully catch some kip on first train.

Never been excited for Xmas since I was a kid πŸ˜‚

Sister is dropping us off at train station at 5.30am πŸ€” bit early but Costa opens at 4.30 πŸ˜‚ early breakfast and hopefully catch some kip on first train.
When I had mine, there was about half way from a quarer to half full with RON99 fuel they put in. Given you'll have a solid drive back and will probably need a full tank to kick off with, the nearest petrol station is 'Ystrad Myanch Tesco', which is about 1 mile away. Might be a good idea to get directions from them, or have your Mrs directing. They do Momentum at that station, too.

When I had mine, there was about half way from a quarer to half full with RON99 fuel they put in. Given you'll have a solid drive back and will probably need a full tank to kick off with, the nearest petrol station is 'Ystrad Myanch Tesco', which is about 1 mile away. Might be a good idea to get directions from them, or have your Mrs directing. They do Momentum at that station, too.
Yup we were going to head straight to cheapest filling station 😁

Reactions: guf
Yup we were going to head straight to cheapest filling station 😁
tes.JPG

You turn right out of Colin Price's (bit tricky as often busy both directions. Watch some potholes as you reach the verge of his entrance/exit. They'll probably have puddles over them).
After about 300 yards, keep/veer right as you see a set of lights. 'Peel off' and keep right and it'll take you 'down' to a larger roundabout. Turn right on this roundabout, 3rd exit. Straight on then (60mph zone) for about 500 yards to another roundabout. Left there, first exit and you'll see the station.

Last edited:
View attachment 96539

You turn right out of Colin Price's (bit tricky as often busy both directions. Watch some potholes as you reach the verge of his entrance/exit. They'll probably have puddles over them).
After about 300 yards, keep/veer right as you see a set of lights. 'Peel off' and keep right and it'll take you 'down' to a larger roundabout. Turn right on this roundabout, 3rd exit. Straight on then (60mph zone) for about 500 yards to another roundabout. Left there, first exit and you'll see the station.
Great, thanks 😁

Well almost, first train cancelled FFS, god this country sucks at transport
Aye it does! All the trains in North Scotland were cancelled yesterday, because it was a bit windy. The plane I took from Bristol managed to fly and land without issue. The bus is actually quicker than the train by 2 hours πŸ™ƒ

Now on our 2nd train which is also cancelled, but it's obviously not, also app said platform 3 which it wasn't πŸ˜‚

We have an Elgrand, god it's been a long process πŸ˜‚ in general not just today, were on our way north.

Back