• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

Heaters

I have been to see my van today..in the flesh for the first time and I'm really pleased with it ! in very good condition inside and out.
Discussed fit out, chose the furniture and heating..going for Eberspacher diesel blown air , after seeing one working in another Elgrand and they were more than pleased with it. A combi Mwo and a 2 ring ceramic hob and no sink, for the kitchen, probably get a portable 2Kw generator for when we are off grid, a 100w semi flexi solar panel to keep the leisure battery topped up. Can't wait to take delivery, hopefully December if this Covid lock down does'nt go on for longer !
Has anyone else had these units in their vans, recommend or not ? what have you found that works well and what does'nt ?
How did your build go, any photos. Thanks

Hi l have just fitted a Chinese all in one diesel heater and works really well loads of heat

Hi l have just fitted a Chinese all in one diesel heater and works really well loads of heat
Oh brilliant could you send pictures and modal of heater please :) was it hard to install?

No quite easy, l have a Elgrand camper was just a matter of drilling two holes in the floor one for the exhaust and one for the air intake then feed the power supply back to the leasure battery l will try to put some photos up thanks

There can be a big difference in difficulty of fitting a heater depending on available space and locations. I fitted one in an Elgrand with an end camper conversion, most of the usual positions for fitting a heater were unavailable because the fridge, cupboard walls and where you'd stand in the rear of the camper were in those positions.

Phil one final question. Do you have the big cardboard tubular duct attached to the heater outlet, or did you not bother? Don't know if you even need that?

No quite easy, l have a Elgrand camper was just a matter of drilling two holes in the floor one for the exhaust and one for the air intake then feed the power supply back to the leasure battery l will try to put some photos up thanks
brilliant thank you! Just little worried about leaving it on in the night time

I’m harbouring a cunning plan of mounting a diesel heater externally.

I was going to attempt fitting in the passenger footwell but I think logistics make it very difficult to use, mount an outlet or fill with diesel.

So, I’m thinking of doing ‘something’ with the spare wheel cradle and replace my spare wheel with a can of tyre weld.

Does anybody have any thoughts as to why this might be a horrendous idea? My thinking is to secure a mounting plate across the bar ‘divide’ the wheel sits in and attach the heater and tank to that (in a suitable housing) and then feed ducting into van and tap into 12v at rear of van.

Thoughts? Do I need to rejoin the forum under a new name after this stunning display of idiocy 😂

I’m harbouring a cunning plan of mounting a diesel heater externally.

I was going to attempt fitting in the passenger footwell but I think logistics make it very difficult to use, mount an outlet or fill with diesel.

So, I’m thinking of doing ‘something’ with the spare wheel cradle and replace my spare wheel with a can of tyre weld.

Does anybody have any thoughts as to why this might be a horrendous idea? My thinking is to secure a mounting plate across the bar ‘divide’ the wheel sits in and attach the heater and tank to that (in a suitable housing) and then feed ducting into van and tap into 12v at rear of van.

Thoughts? Do I need to rejoin the forum under a new name after this stunning display of idiocy 😂
Crazy idea.
Where are you going to put the LPG tank?
Haha
Otherwise, good idea.

Back