• Welcome to the ElgrandOC forum.

    You will find that the majority of the forum is locked, but do not worry. You can unlock more content by registering to the forum completely free. Sign up is automatic, does not require email confirmation and is instant. Feel free to browse through the sections to see what topics have been covered before you register.
    You can register for an account by CLICKING HERE

    Once you have registered, you will unlock more of the forum content. You will not unlock all of the content until you have reached 10 posts. This is to give you an opportunity to chat to existing members and help to integrate you into the forum community.
    We are a friendly and helpful community and there is a wealth of infomation contained within the forum. Please feel free to register, introduce yourself and get to know your fellow members.

    Feel free to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section, the Meets/Events section and the Competition Section without having to register.
    We look forward to getting to know you and help you with any questions or problemd you have with your Elgrand.

G30 spay

For spraying chrome parts with g30.. what base coat should I use? I've bought acid etch primer to adhere better to the chrome but unsure what/if I need a specific base coat? I orders what I thought was a g30 touch up pen from Ebay (as a trial) and have coloured a piece of plastic to see what if would look like and its basically black with a blue hue? Nothing like my car :L
 
For spraying chrome parts with g30.. what base coat should I use? I've bought acid etch primer to adhere better to the chrome but unsure what/if I need a specific base coat? I orders what I thought was a g30 touch up pen from Ebay (as a trial) and have coloured a piece of plastic to see what if would look like and its basically black with a blue hue? Nothing like my car :L
You would be better off using an epoxy primer on chrome and although my Elgrand is KH3 Kuro black and so I do not have experience of G30 I cant see why you can't just use a black epoxy primer as your base coat and put the G30 straight on top of this although others who have G30 may know otherwise

If you do use the expoxy make certain it is fully cured before putting on the G30 coat. also put a clearcoat on the top coat to protect it
 
For what it’s worth, ours I’d G30, we had crappy chrome on our grille so a gentle rub with very fine sand paper, an acid etch primer and few light coats of G30 aerosol and our came back and looked to me more acceptable, not perfect, but tidier than the failing chrome. The paint match of the G30 can be a bit hit or miss we found and have never found an exact match. I’ve never used an epoxy primer so can’t comment on its use but it’s probably a better longer lived solution than ours. Just a note, with the chrome being quite tough on its own the paint is more vulnerable to stone chips I found.
Hope this helps but please do what you think best suits you.
 
Back
Top